HELP! I am about to be screwed out of my Hulk rewards!

Options
I have been grinding the hell out of this all week, and I've been bouncing from 100-3000 for the last three days, and now, all of a sudden, NO missions give any points. What on earth is going on? I just started the new missions on the main map, played each of them once (except the Punisher that I'm locked out of icon_e_sad.gif ) and after playing one of the missions again, I got 0 instead of the 130 it promised.

I have been nervous all day since the earlier missions today have only been giving out double digit points, but it seemed to be enough to keep me in the top 1500...I had 48000 points and I assumed they were clamping me so I didn't get the 50k Punisher cover, but now apparently I'm just not allowed to place well? The top players in my bracket are over 50k now, and they were within 600 points of me just yesterday.

I just put in another 20 bucks, too, putting me up to $40. I'm sending in a support ticket to get this resolved, and if not, I'm gonna try to get my money back. There's no way I should be able to waste so many hours competing in this thing and then arbitrarily get locked out of the last push.

Comments

• I'm in the same boat. And with only 1400 points left to get the Punisher progression reward also. I am hoping beyond hope that this wasn't intentional against anyone that didn't buy a Powered Up pack for $30.

If that's the case, I'll find something else to do with my time and spend micro-transactions within.
  • I am guessing this is a bug - I can't think of a reason they'd deliberately antagonize players who have put so much effort into this event.

Unfortunately, the dev team appears to be US based so I don't hold out much hope for them fixing it on a Friday night. So, I'll just sit here for the next nine hours looking at the 575 points I have no way to obtain. Maybe this will cure me of my addiction to this game!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in the same state ... at 49669 points, after a whole week of chasing after that Punisher prize at 50000 points.
  • That part is kind of a kick in the teeth, too, but I expected the final progression awards to be harder to get after my Red Iso bracket ended up getting all the rewards with like two days to go. I went from 45000 on Wednesday thinking "Oh man, grind out one more map and I'll be able to play all those Punisher missions!" to last night thinking "Well, if I keep this up I should at least get him tomorrow." And now, nope. I only have 48900 -- I bet that would be more frustrating if I'd already gotten to 49500 or whatever.
  • Having the same issue here. 7 hours to go and I can't get points from anything.
  • If only there were a 30 page thread in the General section talking about the Hulk scoring... wouldn't that be grand?

Oh... hey... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1480

Short version: It's not a bug (not getting points, that is -- it displaying that you should *IS* a bug, and a long standing one). I'm sitting 31 points from 50k; if there's not a refresh, I won't hit 50k. Oh well. Thanks for the 100k in ISO, the 100+ tokens, the free Hulk cover, the Hulk cover I got from a Gamma Bomb token, and the 2-3 I'll get as a reward.

I'm simply not going to cry over a single Punisher cover.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    If only there were a 30 page thread in the General section talking about the Hulk scoring... wouldn't that be grand?

Oh... hey... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1480

That thread discusses a week's worth of behavior that changed today. It establishes the downwards progression of points granted for repeatable quests in the events, and the various ways that progression was affected by rubberbanding.

This thread discusses a change in that behavior, in which a set of repeatable quests did not downwards progress but rather dropped instantly to zero. That seemed like a bug, and this thread was started before the phenomenon was seriously discussed in that thread.

In fact it appears that you're right: it's not a bug, but intended behavior. We didn't know that when we contributed to this thread, and we shouldn't be required to read 30+ pages of speculation and guesses about how something works before being allowed to comment about an apparent problem.

We also don't need a lecture on why we should be grateful for the event instead of complaining about something we don't like, but I suppose that's par for the course.
  • Bartok wrote:
    In fact it appears that you're right: it's not a bug, but intended behavior. We didn't know that when we contributed to this thread, and we shouldn't be required to read 30+ pages of speculation and guesses about how something works before being allowed to comment about an apparent problem.

Truthfully, we have no way of knowing whether it was intended or not at the moment (I don't think Ice has chimed in) but it certainly does appear that it was the same for everyone.
  • Intended or not, this is something that needs to be fixed. For six days I grinded my Hulk missions and was able to keep top 1500, and on the seventh day, suddenly there are no points attached to the missions, while others in my bracket are able to keep scoring over 1000 more points. That is a description of something that is broken.

Whether or not it's intended, it is a broken system, and they need to do something about the people who grinded ALL WEEK and got arbitrarily locked out at the very end. These are supposed to be tournaments and competitions -- when Usain Bolt is running a race, they don't come over and stop him a hundred meters from the finish line.
  • Phenotype wrote:
    they need to do something about the people who grinded ALL WEEK and got arbitrarily locked out at the very end.

Once again, it was the same way for everyone. No one got points for repeating those missions. Anyone that says they did only thinks so because the point values hadn't updated yet. Each mission only gave points one time.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Phenotype wrote:
    they need to do something about the people who grinded ALL WEEK and got arbitrarily locked out at the very end.

Once again, it was the same way for everyone. No one got points for repeating those missions. Anyone that says they did only thinks so because the point values hadn't updated yet. Each mission only gave points one time.

This is not the case. When the second-to-last two missions ended on Friday, the leaders in my bracket were still around 49k. When the final mission ended early this morning, there were several closing in on 51k.

I mean no offense, but this is quite obviously broken. Why would you be arguing for this system? In literally any game I've played in the last 20 years, if mission rewards mysteriously disappeared, you have run into a problem with the game. In literally any competition I've seen in the last 20 years, I have never seen someone in contention for Top X be prevented from playing on the last day of the event, for no explained reason, while his competitors are able to score more points. I've read that thread now, and there is a lot of conjecture on how the mechanics work and very little hard info, and even that info is only accessible on a 30-page forum thread, not on the tournament screen or anywhere in the game client or official documentation? What? How is that in any way acceptable? I'd honestly prefer to find out that it is indeed bugged.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phenotype wrote:

This is not the case. When the second-to-last two missions ended on Friday, the leaders in my bracket were still around 49k. When the final mission ended early this morning, there were several closing in on 51k.

There were something like 3-4 people who hit 50K at the very end of the last sub-event, and then maybe a hundred more with the last few missions.

Highest score was around 50,400 at the end of the event.
  • Nemek is absolutely right. There was only one bracket for the main Hulk event that all 65000 people were in. At the end of the last sub event, there were at least 20 people at 49,800 or above, and a few of those had already passed 50,000. Less than 300 people hit the 50k mark by the end, based on multiple posts from people that finished top 300, but didn't get the Punisher cover. The highest score with less than two hours left was 50,426, and had been the top score for hours at that point.

I am not arguing for the system, and I totally understand why some people are frustrated, but your belief that others scored a bunch of points while you were prevented from doing so is incorrect.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Nemek is absolutely right. There was only one bracket for the main Hulk event that all 65000 people were in. At the end of the last sub event, there were at least 20 people at 49,800 or above, and a few of those had already passed 50,000. Less than 300 people hit the 50k mark by the end, based on multiple posts from people that finished top 300, but didn't get the Punisher cover. The highest score with less than two hours left was 50,426, and had been the top score for hours at that point.

I am not arguing for the system, and I totally understand why some people are frustrated, but your belief that others scored a bunch of points while you were prevented from doing so is incorrect.

In that case, the tournament ended up coming down to whatever arbitrary number of points the computer spit out for the last three missions? It was somehow enough variance to take me from 900 to below 3000. It also looks exactly like a serious bug unless you google it really hard. This may BE the explanation, but even so, it is something that shows enough signs of being broken that they need to fix it if I'm going to put any more money into this game.
  • Yeah, I have no idea if that was what was supposed to happen or not, but as I said before, it really was the same for everyone, for better or worse. A lot of people fell just short.