Lightning Round Covers

Options
rixmith
rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
I noticed in today's LIghtning Rounds that I am no longer awarded covers for battles? Is this new, or did I miss something? I was hoping to farm 2* Daken Blues from this. Today all I see for the potential rewards are 250 ISO. Oddly, I seem to recall last week that I got a huge percentage of the same cover (2* Wolverine Yellow). Is anyone else seeing this, or am I just stuck in a strange RNG vortex?

Comments

• It's really streaky. I got 11 2*s already in the current (6-7:30 EST) one, and I'm not even done with it (probably). You'll get a ton one round, none the next. Not sure why.
  • rixmith
    Options
    Okay, I guess it is just me. But on the screen where I see the other team's lineup and it show the "Chance to Win" next to the Fight button, I no longer see any covers scroll by, only 250 ISO. However, in the Hulk PvP I do see covers there. Although my client did get restarted earlier today (I'm on Steam) so maybe there was an updated data file that not everyone has received?
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed for certain pvps, when I click on a node it'll show some covers as rewards. Then if I go look at the other nodes and come back to this same node, the cover rewards are now ISO. Not sure if it's random...
  • rixmith
    Options
    When the Ragnarok LR began, the list of potential rewards was cycling through covers again (and I got a whole slew of them). I guess the behavior is part of the algorithm to keep rewards at a certain average level.
  • I feel like they reduced the random pvp cover rate quite a bit since they first introduced it; that might just be perception though.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been keeping track of the chances since they changed it - there haven't been any serious fluctuations that I've noticed. If you count "covers" as one category it's the most common drop at around 38-39% (roughly 2/3 * and 1/3 **,) 70 Iso is at 33-34%, and 140 Iso is at 22%. 100 Iso is at around 6-7% and 250 Iso is under 1%.

I've hit a slew of 2* covers lately - it's just a lucky patch. Computers are actually pretty bad at generating random numbers and fall into trends. Overall, the numbers will be random, but you'll get this long sets of really good or really bad luck.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pray to the RNG gods. They are whimsical and cruel.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tend to just trash the seed teams and normally reach just over that 2nd Iso progression.

Each time when I go to sell off the covers I've earned it seems to vary a quite a bit, some rounds I pull a 2* from every match, sometimes it's only 3 or 4 covers total. More than once it's been 0 covers. It's really just totally variable. Each chance provides (theoretically) the same chance as the last battle of rewarding the same reward as last time. Don't forget that if you flip a coin 1000 times, you may have a streak of 10 or more heads, it's still a 50-50 shot of tails for the next flip.
  • rixmith wrote:
    I noticed in today's LIghtning Rounds that I am no longer awarded covers for battles? Is this new, or did I miss something? I was hoping to farm 2* Daken Blues from this. Today all I see for the potential rewards are 250 ISO. Oddly, I seem to recall last week that I got a huge percentage of the same cover (2* Wolverine Yellow). Is anyone else seeing this, or am I just stuck in a strange RNG vortex?

same: experience for me last week. every 2* cover that i earned was yellow wolvie. i got at least a dozen of them, but i didnt earn any other covers.

marc
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Since he's been buffed, I've gotten 2 Tinydaken covers in blue. Nothing for the longest time, and then 2 a day apart while just doing my normal climb in pvp events. Personally I've built tinytorch at least twice fully without sinking iso into him, only to have to delete him for a new character release, not to mention nuking countless other covers of his. oddly, I barely see any hawkeye cards, and not a single speed shot as of yet. He'll be in line next after I can secure doc-oc, but i hope my luck with seeing him drop changes when I start putting him together, otherwise I might actually cover a 3* before I see enough to get hawk at 13/13.