Add a few "legacy" 3* characters to match reward drops

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
Some older 3* characters, like IM40 are simply less desirable than the more recent 3* character releases. I rarely see him in PvP. However, IM40 could be very useful for new players seeking to start the 2* --> 3* transition to be competitive in PvP.

It don't see why a new player would buy 40 Roster slots just to collect an army of 1/1/1 covered 3* characters. Let's face it, 3* characters are too rare to bother with unless you can reliably win them in PvP. Heck, 4* characters actually have better drop rates than 3* characters! It's more likely to get X-Force cover-maxed than IM40, by cover drops alone. I'd probably just skip the 3* characters if I weren't competitive in PvP.

Here's one solution:
Please, pick a few "legacy" 3* characters to add to the after-match drop list. They should still be rarer than 2* drops, but I think that new players need a subset of the 3* character list, which they can cover max in a reasonable amount of time. After a number of random IM40 drops, players will see that buying a Roster slot for him is a good investment. Then they can take their shiny new, decently covered, and playable, IM40 to earn Top 100 in PvP and start building the rest of their 3* Roster.

Comments

• Agree with this post.

With the inception of so many 3* heroes, it becomes near impossible to level them with the random cover in-game items.
    If you were to only level via events, the player then has to wait for the desired 3* covers to rotate 13 times barring same color rewards.

I would also add that I get >90% 2* covers from the 10-pack heroic which advertises "increased chance" for 3*, not very considering i got 0 the last 10-pack.
    Please allow the upcoming 2-3* transition players a chance to at least max a few 3* characters...feels impossible without this fix.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is actually not a terrible idea at all.

As a whole, the token giving thing across the game is out of whack - 1* and 2* are too fast in comparison to the tedious tedious grind of 3*. I mean, what should I be doing with my 274th Mod. Storm cover at this point...

I'd like to see a modest reduction of the 1* drops in the standard tokens and post match rewards (with a corresponding increase in the others or just add an ISO amount in) and while not a permanent solution, I think a good outlet for this 3* idea would be the 2 ability ones (seeing there is basically no dev interest in giving them a third ability at the moment) - Doom, Loki and Rags, oh and throw Bag-Devil (the new token 4*) in there too, while you're at it. There could be a tiny rotation of "lesser" 3* characters in these drops.

An offshot of this is you could take those 3 characters out of the heroic tokens, giving the devs a enough of a time and space buffer to add the 5/6 more recent ones in.