Transition to *** help

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
My standby characters lately have been 85 Thor (5/5/3) and 85 Wolverine (5/4/4) and I've been trying to transition to *** characters, but have been finding myself lacking some key covers.

My *** roster so far:
Iron Man Model 40 lvl 115 (4/4/3)
Ragnorok 53 (4/1)
Dr. Doom 51 (3/2)
Black Widow Grey 50 (2/2/4)
Magneto 25 (2/0/0)
Spider-man 21 (3/0/4)
Hood 15 (0/2/0)
Loki 15 (0/1)
Hulk (1/0/0)

Insult to injury, I have IW (1/2/0).

Any advice? I've been stockpiling ISO but feel like I'm at the mercy of the RNG gods at the moment.

Comments

• With your current lineup i would suggest using your gs widow. her pink feeds green quite well. If you train your spidey to 5 blue....you can permastun a team. I'm not too far along myself so someone else with more *** should also advise.
  • IM40 at that level would be good to include in your Thor/Wolvie team until you have some more *** covers (especially that elusive blue spidey), He's a good battery/meat shield but I'm guessing you've already been doing that.

How much hp do you have saved up?

Without that answer one approach I can offer right now is to pump some iso in to Doom and try out his lightning round (with Wolvie and Thor). If you can snag a few diabolical tokens that could get you on your way.
  • Doom is ISO maxed currently, very little HP saved. Rag teams destroy me in all lightning rounds and I can't seem to get away from them.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    StoneWolf wrote:
    Doom is ISO maxed currently, very little HP saved. Rag teams destroy me in all lightning rounds and I can't seem to get away from them.
    Sounds like your MMR (Match Making Ranking) might be a little high. Try tanking your rating in most lightning rounds except for the one you're targeting.
  • Took the advice stated here and put some ISO into Grey Widow so she's stuck at level 77 at the moment. I still haven't been able to get a Spidey blue cover (he's 3/0/4 now).

In the meantime I maxed OBW (3/5/5) and she's been making an awesome 3rd character on my team so far. So far I think she's significantly better than my level 77 Grey Widow. She's even better than my level 115 IM40!
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    Took the advice stated here and put some ISO into Grey Widow so she's stuck at level 77 at the moment. I still haven't been able to get a Spidey blue cover (he's 3/0/4 now).

In the meantime I maxed OBW (3/5/5) and she's been making an awesome 3rd character on my team so far. So far I think she's significantly better than my level 77 Grey Widow. She's even better than my level 115 IM40!

GSBW is a fine enough character, but isn't going to really shine until you have 5 in green, so while that iso isn't wasted at all, I wouldn't have given that advice. It's a shame the lightning rounds died last week. You should really be looking at those. You may not have enough firepower to make top 8 at this point, but should be able to hit diabolical tokens no problem.

Agree with FoxinSox above. If you are consistently seeing high level Rag teams, your rank is too high. This is why I wish they would add a slow decay to the rating.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    StoneWolf wrote:
    Took the advice stated here and put some ISO into Grey Widow so she's stuck at level 77 at the moment. I still haven't been able to get a Spidey blue cover (he's 3/0/4 now).

GSBW is a fine enough character, but isn't going to really shine until you have 5 in green, so while that iso isn't wasted at all, I wouldn't have given that advice. It's a shame the lightning rounds died last week. You should really be looking at those. You may not have enough firepower to make top 8 at this point, but should be able to hit diabolical tokens no problem.

Agree with FoxinSox above. If you are consistently seeing high level Rag teams, your rank is too high. This is why I wish they would add a slow decay to the rating.

How hard is it to get a diabolical token in the lightning rounds? My current roster has 85 thor/widow/wolvie, and level 28 punisher/hood,with all the other villains at 15. (all cover capped)
  • How hard is it to get a diabolical token in the lightning rounds? My current roster has 85 thor/widow/wolvie, and level 28 punisher/hood,with all the other villains at 15. (all cover capped)

Loki and Doom are probably the easiest; Hood is the hardest (not because he's popular, but because the scoring is messed up).

I was able to get a few Diabolical tokens back before they nerfed C Storm using Wolverine/C Storm/villain with constant playing... they were all Hood or Loki except for one precious Red Rags.

I should think you'd at least have a chance if you can play the full 90 minutes hard using wolvie/thor/villain or wolvie/obw/villain, but cannot say for sure.