Daken Strike Tile Bug

Options
JamieMadrox
JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
Here is a copy of the email I just sent to CS about what i believe is an error in how Daken's strike tiles are generated.
I've noticed that Daken's "Pheremone Rage" power triggers differently for players than it does for the AI and in such a way that it gives the AI an unfair advantage.

When either the player or the AI makes a green match and triggers PR, the player's strike tiles are created before the tiles cascade. Then the cascade happens. Once the cascade is complete, if there are no subsequent green matches, the AI's strike tiles are generated.

This means that the player's strike tiles can be cascaded away due to matches before the AI's are even created. Leaving the AI at an advantage. Since Daken's PR triggers when ANY green match is made, it should trigger at the same time for both sides; before or fter the cascade.

An even fairer way to have it trigger in these cases would be to have the strike tiles of the side that made the green match be generated first each time there is a match. For example:

AI makes a green match.
AI PR triggers generating strike tiles for AI.
Player PR triggers generating strike tiles for Player.
Cascade

OR

Player makes a green match.
Player PR triggers generating strike tiles for Player.
AI PR triggers generating strike tiles for AI.
Cascade

Alternatively the strike tiles can all be created after the cascade. Thanks for reading this and giving it some thought. It's an easily duplicatible bug, but if you can't seem to get it to work in your testing environment then I can video it happening the next time I take Daken in to a match against a Daken

Comments

• The1WhoKnocks
    Options
    That is the way this has functioned for quite some time. This is not a bug, or a new phenomenon. "Working as intended" is the only response you will probably get in the end.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    That is the way this has functioned for quite some time. This is not a bug, or a new phenomenon. "Working as intended" is the only response you will probably get in the end.
    Just because it has functioned this way the whole time doesn't mean it's working as intended. The ability should trigger at the same time for both sides regardless. As it stands now, the player triggers, then the cascade happens, then the AI triggers. Even if the AI makes the match it triggers player first. It should logically trigger both at the same time or at least trigger the initiating side first.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    First response from D3P CS:
    Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

We'll investigate this right away and see if it's intentional or not!

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team
    At least it's not a STFU it's working as intended n00b!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a desire to be negative about your negativity....