Patch the Pirate

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
When he's not moonlighting over at SpongeBob Squarepants, Patch is here and causing mayhem.

Friday is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. It would be a good and fun thing if Patch's graphics were changed for the occasion.

I raised it a few days ago as a support request, and got the standard form mail response (apparently adding "your feedback" to a database somewhere counts as solving the issue). So maybe next year?

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I wish I could double turbo thumbs this up
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    No possible way this year even if we wanted to. We'd have to do the new art, get it approved by Marvel, get it tested/into the client and through first parties. Cool idea though. We've had similar wishes for things like Christmas/4th of July/Boxing Day/etc.

As for feedback, our CS team constantly updates the rest of us on suggestions that come through that route. So yeah, when they get a pure suggestion they'll note it to pass it on (assuming it's a serious suggestion) and move on to the next ticket.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    This is clearly a serious suggestion. As a practicing Pastafarian, I believe that dressing in the traditional vestments of a pirate will help save to the world.

If we're taking re-skin ideas, I put forward Hulk as Maestro in a big red suit for the holidays.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    No possible way this year even if we wanted to. We'd have to do the new art, get it approved by Marvel, get it tested/into the client and through first parties. Cool idea though. We've had similar wishes for things like Christmas/4th of July/Boxing Day/etc.

As for feedback, our CS team constantly updates the rest of us on suggestions that come through that route. So yeah, when they get a pure suggestion they'll note it to pass it on (assuming it's a serious suggestion) and move on to the next ticket.

"No" is good, Ice.

I could see the Community Manager maintaining the Suggestions, with devs marking things as

"No"
    "Maybe'
    "Lean yes, eventually"
    "Lean yes, soonish"
    "ASAP"
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he just responded "no" there would have been a ridiculous outcry demanding an explanation (and if no one said anything, this would have been "yet another thing D3 ignored"). Can we be happy for them doing the things so many people complain about not doing? Jfc. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he just responded "no" there would have been a ridiculous outcry demanding an explanation (and if no one said anything, this would have been "yet another thing D3 ignored"). Can we be happy for them doing the things so many people complain about not doing? Jfc. icon_rolleyes.gif
    I don't think Nonce meant "just say no" -- he was saying he appreciated a firm answer: that this isn't happening.

Hopefully we all appreciate the extra information as well.