Avengers points

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
First off I don't normally complain I play the game as given most times. This time I have to speak up

How is it that I can play for 2 hours gain 400 points take first stop playing to eat a cold sandwich for 15 min and lose 235 points I win 20 points but I lose 45 and now today I beat a guy with 3 lvl 50+ covers win in one turn and lose 20 points ****!!! Man I can't take winning and losing points for it I am pissed that my fricking Christmas was spent trying to get the punisher which is a must have in the hulk event just to have a stupid rubber banding broken points system

Even if this is something that nobody else cares about I want some kind of answer for winning but losing points for it

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    There

Already

Is

An

Avengers

Tournament

Thread.
  • I've looked through that thread it's devolved into who should or shouldn't be avengers that's a lost thread
  • I've looked through that thread it's devolved into who should or shouldn't be avengers that's a lost thread

You attacked a bunch of people to get those 400 points over a fairly short period of time, yes? That's a lot of potential retaliations. And by running your score up high, you make yourself a target.
  • I'm prepared for the increased attacks from high placement I'm an old man I been in the top 10 more times than I cn count on way more played games than this the brackets are tiny when compare to open world games I'm talking about losing points from won rounds how do I lose 20 points for winning the round in one shot
  • I'm prepared for the increased attacks from high placement I'm an old man I been in the top 10 more times than I cn count on way more played games than this the brackets are tiny when compare to open world games I'm talking about losing points from won rounds how do I lose 20 points for winning the round in one shot

Because you were attacked at the same time and lost more points than you won. Occasionally, the score shown will reflect losses sustained.
  • That's a closer acceptable reason than anything I found in the other thread

Still the points system could use work if I'm being attacked multiple times at once or lose 30+ to each then making 15-35 points per game then it's a self eating system the more you play the more your attacked the more you have to play to maintain top 5 if that's the case then there's no reason to play except the last 2 hrs which you can easily gain top 5
  • That's a closer acceptable reason than anything I found in the other thread

Still the points system could use work if I'm being attacked multiple times at once or lose 30+ to each then making 15-35 points per game then it's a self eating system the more you play the more your attacked the more you have to play to maintain top 5 if that's the case then there's no reason to play except the last 2 hrs which you can easily gain top 5

Except in those last 2 hours, EVERYONE is doing that same thing, resulting in a mad mad mad mad world.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    That's a closer acceptable reason than anything I found in the other thread

We've been discussing this very issue at various times. I happen to agree with you, for the most part. Trying to stay in the lead for long stretches of time is pointless. I saw a guy complaining on another forum about how he had spent a bunch of money buying health packs to stay in a tournament lead all weekend only to lose first place while asleep. Seriously, why the heck would you do that?

Pick your spots, go for progression rewards, then play for the finish.
  • I'm retired and play ALL day while sipping tea in the lazy boy this the hardest work I've done in years lol I like that work to be rewarded not robbed by multiple players at the same time and have no chance at making points that fast since I can only play one oppenet at once The points system must be worked on or at the very least cut retaliation points by a 1/3 and keep it to one attacker at a time. Again you can't keep losing 50 point to winning 25 and expect people to keep playing hard this is a game meant to spend Money on but I'm not going to do that if there's no point in playng except at the end of events not to mention the rewards being in cover packs during the event lol
  • I feel for you Necro. I am in the same boat as well. I was sitting at about 600 points with 4 mins to go. in 3 mins, I was down to 378 points and with my final win i clawed to 400 points or slightly less, and out of the running for multi Punisher covers. icon_e_smile.gif

Couldn't match up with the higher points guys as the system was just giving me a lot of lower ranked players. icon_e_smile.gif~

Go figure.
  • fiesher wrote:
    I feel for you Necro. I am in the same boat as well. I was sitting at about 600 points with 4 mins to go. in 3 mins, I was down to 378 points and with my final win i clawed to 400 points or slightly less, and out of the running for multi Punisher covers. icon_e_smile.gif

Couldn't match up with the higher points guys as the system was just giving me a lot of lower ranked players. icon_e_smile.gif~

Go figure.
    At least you passed 600! I can't even get 500, cuz all players I could fight have 400 ish points.
    Luckily I was in a nice bracket and finished top 15.
  • I had to push to 600+ points just for the last min I lost 68 points. I haven't had a chance to win more than 25 points so there's goes top 5 to 12 and bye bye 3 punishers very disappointed

I won't be play the short tourneys hard anymore I'll just be like everyone else and wait until the end. Why play for two days solid just to lose almost 3x my highest win in under a min the points system is just to broken to make the short rounds worth the effort

I also will not be spending anymore money the short tourneys were the only reason I wanted to lvl faster at least you only need two wins for a standard token lol