Bug, cheat, or ungodly good player?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Long time lurker but just had to register after last lightning round. I played against a player (name withheld because I don't want to accuse anyone without proof) approximately 8 times back and forth with retaliations and just getting them in matchmaking. He was retaliating back just as fast so we has those 8 matches in about 30 minutes.

His team
15 Hood
23 Blk widow modern
29 Iron man 35

My team during event
38 Hood
51 Rag
85 Thor

He beat me at least 6 times in those 30 min and then I just stopped retaliating since I was losing more points than gaining. Even without the tournament buff I think it would be hard for him to win consistently. These were complete wins as well. It wasn't taking him 2 or 3 tries to win the round.

Am I just paranoid and he is a gem matching hero or what?

Comments

• If it's Blue Rogue we've been talking about him for a while in various threads. Most currently the current lightning round one.
  • I just was reading that thread. It was not blue rogue. Since it appears to be ok to say names of players, my guys name was Magicbum.
  • Probably using boosts. I rarely retaliate against people with a lot lower score because it can easily turn into a back and forth helping the other person a lot more than you.
  • ozkaros wrote:
    Probably using boosts. I rarely retaliate against people with a lot lower score because it can easily turn into a back and forth helping the other person a lot more than you.

9800 Rag health
    5300 Thor health
    3700 hood health

Is a lot to go through with that team even with boosts.
  • Yeah, with that team, you'd have some ungodly casacdes in order to beat yours. And 6 times in a row?
  • It is possible if he manages to pull off BWs stun every 4 or 5 turns and get all or at least most of the yellow and red tiles.

Still it would take some luck to get constantly enough blue and would need some time to kill Rag and Thor, even with boosts.
  • Same guy attacked me during lightning rounds today with a totaly weak team. (Magicbum)

My team consisted of 100 Rag, 40 Hood and 40 Doom and he retaliated me all the time with 15 hood and i think a thor + black widow in the 20-30 level range.

Impossible i call!
  • I just met blue rogue for the first time in the Avengers tourney. My team was 104 spidey, 114 im40, 85 wolvie, and he kept beating me in a minute or 2 with his level 30's. Knocked me down into top 45 with 2 attacks in the last 2 minutes for -50 points. Hope the devs shut that @$*& down soon before it starts spreading.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blue Rogue also attacked me multiple times near the end of that same tourney. How can he be beating down multiple people at the same time with a bad team?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Blue Rogue also attacked me multiple times near the end of that same tourney. How can he be beating down multiple people at the same time with a bad team?
    Honestly not sure what to say about Blue Rogue. Taking a look at his (assuming it's a him) save, his purchase history, and his Tourney history, they are all in line with what you'd expect to see for someone at his level. He's purchased currency a couple times in small amounts. He doesn't have any characters that have used hacked currency to level. He places middle of the pack in most Tourneys with a couple exceptions in these past Lightning Rounds. I don't have the tools here to look deeper at actual battle performance, but from a purely top level perspective, he's either not cheating and being a very canny player, or he's cheating extremely subtly and making it looks statswise exactly like you'd expect someone not cheating to look.
  • I got beat down a couple of times by players using one-stars from level 10-20. My team is a 102 Rag, 89 Doom, and 64 Mag (in the previous Mag LR). It happened more than 5 times, which made me think that either a cheat has enabled them to adjust damage values, or there is something wrong with the display of retaliations.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Honestly not sure what to say about Blue Rogue. Taking a look at his (assuming it's a him) save, his purchase history, and his Tourney history, they are all in line with what you'd expect to see for someone at his level. He's purchased currency a couple times in small amounts. He doesn't have any characters that have used hacked currency to level. He places middle of the pack in most Tourneys with a couple exceptions in these past Lightning Rounds. I don't have the tools here to look deeper at actual battle performance, but from a purely top level perspective, he's either not cheating and being a very canny player, or he's cheating extremely subtly and making it looks statswise exactly like you'd expect someone not cheating to look.

I have to say I've also been beaten by this guy repeatedly a few days ago. I think I spent the last 40 minutes fighting this guy on and off. He defeated my team of 90ish spiderman, 60ish black widow and a lvl 90 iron man 40 with a team of lvl 15s. He consistently retaliates within 2 minutes of me defeating him and every single time the game says he defeated me with that 1 star team. Either the game is reporting the wrong team that he used or he is somehow cheating.

Please do look into this more, it is really annoying because not only do i have to fight him endlessly, he also takes a big chunk of my score every time with a team that should be impossible to win with.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    EZero wrote:
    Please do look into this more, it is really annoying because not only do i have to fight him endlessly, he also takes a big chunk of my score every time with a team that should be impossible to win with.
    Definitely will, just don't have the tools available to myself to do so. Will pass on the report to people that do. icon_e_smile.gif
  • woooowww...that would be impossible. even if he's super lucky to get cascade every couple turn. his damage is so puny. its still a long fight for him even if you guys don't attack att all. sound fishy. will try to look for him and test it
  • I was able to find one potential method of performing such a feat. I would be glad to share it with IceIX.
  • Absolut0 wrote:
    I was able to find one potential method of performing such a feat. I would be glad to share it with IceIX.

Send it to him via PM without delay!
  • And now he's on top of the world rankings in the hulk missions O.o
  • IceIX wrote:

REMOTE DESKTOP!!!

VPN!!!

TOR!!!

Sorry, got carried away
  • Blue Rogue also attacked me multiple times near the end of that same tourney. How can he be beating down multiple people at the same time with a bad team?
    Is it possible to play on multiple devices at once? if so he could have a mate help him out something like that.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Is it possible to play on multiple devices at once? if so he could have a mate help him out something like that.

When I log into MPQ on steam it forces me out of my mobile account (i'm in the beta). I imagine it does the same for other mobile devices.