Idea: Experience Points

I'm going to essentially necro an old idea I proposed ages ago: awarding experience points to characters used in winning a match. What I was thinking was that characters could get a non-negligible amount of ISO for winning a match, probably based on the levels of the opponents. Therefore, if you beat a team consisting of 3x100th level enemies, each character used in the match gets 300 iso directly applied to leveling them. It would be applied directly to a character's level, and not go into the ISO pool. If a character's already maxed, they get nothing.

Alternately: remove post-match ISO rewards, make this the basis, but have the experience ISO matched - half goes directly towards leveling the characters used, half goes into the ISO pool. Same deal applies if character is maxed.

The advantage of this is that it would be a strong, direct advantage to promote roster diversity. People who use the same team over and over would be throwing away ISO once that team is maxed. And giving people an incentive to use different teams would also make the game more fun for everyone else, since they would face a more interesting mix of opponents. And it would mean you'd level people mainly by using them.

If the amount is too much it could be tweaked. With that system a character would get about 500 ISO for beating 3x166, or about 350 of those matches for a 3* to go 40 to 166. But with "roster diversity" a commonly expressed desire among the developers, this might be a useful means to an end.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of experience points but I feel like I would be grinding the prologue for levels until I got people up to an exceptable level. With this idea I think the Dev's would have to change the mechanic of PVP and have players choose their team and then based on the levels of your team they would find a match for you. So if you choose team with 3 3* total levels 150 (3*50) you would be placed into a match with similar levels so you can compete. Otherwise it players will only be able to level a 3* when they are buffed or have gotten to a high enough level to be competitive.

The other solution would be a hybrid. You get 50-100 ISO towards 1 character and 20-150 for your bank. This way you can level with your bank and with your leveling system.