Best way to get ISO

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I'm a casual player, have a few characters in the 60s, some in 50s, some in 40s, and the rest in 20s/30s.

My question is how are the team's with all characters in the 100s getting the ISO required for that? Are they straight up buying it our is there another way?

I've been doing lightning round/PVP for the 140/70 reward, but I need to use/buy boosts to win, so it isn't going up that much.

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Pleefs
    Pleefs Posts: 122
    So I'm a casual player, have a few characters in the 60s, some in 50s, some in 40s, and the rest in 20s/30s.

My question is how are the team's with all characters in the 100s getting the ISO required for that? Are they straight up buying it our is there another way?

I've been doing lightning round/PVP for the 140/70 reward, but I need to use/buy boosts to win, so it isn't going up that much.

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Without buying ISO, the best way is to simply play, play, play... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Looking at your level spread, it seems to me that you may be trying to level your characters "evenly," rather than focusing on maxing out a character. I'm sure many players have a good number of characters, but those that have ones in the 100s are not buying ISO are probably focusing their ISO gains to maxing that particular character. I've never bought ISO myself (HP is another thing), but I've managed to max out a few characters, though none yet of any of my 3 stars. Right now, the focus is maxing out my Wolvie (one more level) and then focus attention on my IM40. I have a bunch of characters that are maxed in covers but have had no ISO put into them yet as I focus on my main fighting team.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play every mission in the Hulk PvE event that you can and repeat until you collect at the very least the 500 iso reward. With the iso bonus that you get the first time you defeat a team, the iso can add up fast. During the Hunt event I got my IM40 and Spidey to levels 82 and 80; during this event I maxed out my Wolverine.
  • Pleefs wrote:

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Without buying ISO, the best way is to simply play, play, play... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Looking at your level spread, it seems to me that you may be trying to level your characters "evenly," rather than focusing on maxing out a character. I'm sure many players have a good number of characters, but those that have ones in the 100s are not buying ISO are probably focusing their ISO gains to maxing that particular character. I've never bought ISO myself (HP is another thing), but I've managed to max out a few characters, though none yet of any of my 3 stars. Right now, the focus is maxing out my Wolvie (one more level) and then focus attention on my IM40. I have a bunch of characters that are maxed in covers but have had no ISO put into them yet as I focus on my main fighting team.

Yea, I think I have been evenly leveling them out. I suppose it's good to have a few heavy hitters. My Thor and Spidey in the 60s, amd IM40 is 45,so I should try to Thor to 85 and spidey and IM40 as high as possible? Lots of people max out Wolvie, mine's only at 27, so that woukd take a lot.
  • I would focus on only 1 hero at a time. Or if you maxed out due to cover limit...focus on your second most wanted and just stockpile iso unless you need levels. Suggested before is to max out thor, c. storm then move onto 3 star heroes.
  • I don't agree. I think you are better off choosing at least 2 characters to level, instead of pumping just one. If you only have one strong hero, he'll be out front constantly. Also, since levels get progressively more expensive, I feel you get more bang out of your buck spreading it out a little bit instead.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    If you want to use someone, level them. It's as simple as that. Who you want to be using will depend a lot on the events that are currently running, so don't worry too much about wasting ISO on the wrong characters. If you don't mind being bored, you can also replay the early Prologue missions for a very fast 20 ISO; you can get several tiny rewards in the length of time it takes to win a real reward from a challenging fight.

Oh, and don't buy boosts. You shouldn't need many more than you win naturally; it's much better to save the ISO for raising character levels.

In PvP events, the Skip button is your friend. If an opponent looks hard to beat, just fight someone else.