Changed rewards broken

With the update to rewards for each mission changed, the mission is saying I have a cover I don't. It's in the oscorp section and called symbiote showdown.
It shows a check beside a cover of daken but I never have gotten that hero.

A change this big to a game they should have reset everyone back to start.

Not a huge deal just over one cover but this whole update with the game being changed the way it did makes me want to either quit
or start over, but starting over sucks because of tournament rewards and PVP name that can't be kept.

I know it says this is a preview version of the game, but that's why I think there should be a reset on everyone to start over.

Comments

• Yeah, I didn't get Daken too, I also missed the Bag-Man yellow cover.
    A friend of mine missed all Bag-Man covers and Thor's yellow power. This kinda sucks :/
  • Light wrote:
    I know it says this is a preview version of the game, but that's why I think there should be a reset on everyone to start over.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Unless you sold all the previous covers you won, resetting is a horrible idea as the characters you have now should be built up way more than the ones you'd have at the same point if you restarted. If you want to reset your own account, I'd recommend against it but that's your choice; you start calling for a universal reset and you're going to get some pissed off people (myself included). Read through the posts on the changes and you should come away understanding that the patch increased the value of your current covers unless you did something really wacky in which case I'm not getting punished for your wackiness! icon_razz.gif
  • They already said there wouldn't be a reset. If there was, they would have to refund lots of people since their cash shop has been live since the game got on the market.

The best they could do is probably reset the story mode for everybody, but that's not likely to happen either. Anyways, it doesn't matter too much in the end because eventually you'll get enough covers to max out your 1-2 stars just from playing and the tokens, so you'll end up selling extras
  • Same problem/bug...
    with the reward change I missed at least a yellow Thor.. a daken and a Yelena Belova
    U should have checked the rewards that I have actually won and not some random ones .,..
  • Same problem/bug...
    with the reward change I missed at least a yellow Thor.. a daken and a Yelena Belova
    U should have checked the rewards that I have actually won and not some random ones .,..

I don't think you're understanding: all the rewards for PvE have changed so there was nothing to check. This isn't a bug either, it's just the best solution to a tricky problem. Yes, you might have "missed out" on some covers that are now available but your did win prizes that are no longer available to win and any new covers you win now are a lot more valuable. This isn't a bad thing, you're just looking at it from a very one-sided perspective. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Really annoying. I lost out on some covers as well. Very frustrating and I have to disagree with those that says that you will get them eventually. RNG is rng and I could buy 1000 packs and get not get the thor or bag man I missed. It is unlikely, but possible.
  • Thor and Bag Man are actually two of the most common ones you'll get icon_e_smile.gif

If you got 1k packs you'd probably get 500 Thors/Bag Mans
  • sing0204 wrote:
    Really annoying. I lost out on some covers as well. Very frustrating and I have to disagree with those that says that you will get them eventually. RNG is rng and I could buy 1000 packs and get not get the thor or bag man I missed. It is unlikely, but possible.

I understand when you see a prize that you want that is just out of reach, how sucky that can be; I don't think anyone here would argue that point with you. We all want all the good covers (though we may disagree on what qualifies as "good" lol) and it sucks when we feel gypped out of getting them. With that said, I think you are overlooking the benefits that all pre-patch players received (or at least those who had played long enough to have characters with powers level 2-19); we scored big time in the generous rounding up that the devs gave us when they converted the old 1-20 power system to a 1-5. Not only did our powers increase (often significantly) but so did the available levels of the characters.

The new system also has many tokens in place of old 1 star covers that we can use for a free pull on the slot machine (if you will) for chances to win 2, 3 or even 4 star covers (I won my 4 star Wolverine this way); something that wasn't possible in the old system.

Basically I guess what I'm saying is that it feels like you're complaining about one small aspect of the change while (seemingly) completely ignoring all the benefit you received; that just doesn't seem fair or honest to me.
  • hogunner wrote:
    Basically I guess what I'm saying is that it feels like you're complaining about one small aspect of the change while (seemingly) completely ignoring all the benefit you received; that just doesn't seem fair or honest to me.
    There is no way of getting the (for example) yellow skill for Thor without first getting the yellow Thor cover, it does not matter how many battles I fight I cannot make this cover appear out of nowhere, it's not a prize from any other level, I cannot buy it, I can only gamble on a small chance to get it. Whereas any "benefits" received were just skill levels, which can easily be raised with HP - I'd much rather a (for example) yellow Thor cover than skill levels for common characters, which I could have raised with covers (I've had to sell Iron Man covers already, due to meeting the skill cap - so one of the "benefits" I received was a skill level that was worth 100 ISO - the amount I got from selling each cover).
    I hope you can see why this annoys me and the other posters in this thread.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    There is no way of getting the (for example) yellow skill for Thor without first getting the yellow Thor cover, it does not matter how many battles I fight I cannot make this cover appear out of nowhere, it's not a prize from any other level, I cannot buy it, I can only gamble on a small chance to get it. Whereas any "benefits" received were just skill levels, which can easily be raised with HP - I'd much rather a (for example) yellow Thor cover than skill levels for common characters, which I could have raised with covers (I've had to sell Iron Man covers already, due to meeting the skill cap - so one of the "benefits" I received was a skill level that was worth 100 ISO - the amount I got from selling each cover).
    I hope you can see why this annoys me and the other posters in this thread.

I hear you but you, like sing0204, seem to be upset over not being able to get one specific cover (though which cover that is changes), as if that somehow negates all the other positives; it doesn't. There are going to constantly be covers that are available to easily win for a short period of time and then become harder to find; that's just the nature of the beast as more covers are added to the game. I'd also be surprised if Thor covers don't pop up as winnable covers in another tournament at some point (as they were in the past as well) so if you wait long enough (and at that time still think Thor is worth building up, which may or may not be true depending on what covers are added in the meantime) you will probably have a chance to get one easily again. You can also win Thor covers through the free tokens that are abundant in the game now (though it is obviously a gamble).

I'm genuinely sorry that you are unable to find a specific cover for free (that others got for free) but that doesn't mean you were put at a disadvantage; it just means you need to change your strategy and adapt. That's what this game is all about: each week, you have to change your strategy at least twice if you want to compete in the Tournaments that are added, as the requirements for each tournament always change. I hope you can see that what you are upset about is, at best, a temporary inconvenience to you and not a game breaking issue. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    I hear you but you, like sing0204, seem to be upset over not being able to get one specific cover (though which cover that is changes), as if that somehow negates all the other positives; it doesn't.
    The point is that the other positives are things that you could just get from playing a few levels to earn some ISO or HP, whereas the missed covers cannot be earned so easily.
    It is just a relatively minor annoyance, but it's an annoyance still the same. I wish I hadn't already spent IAP - if I hadn't, I could just restart the game, but if I do that now I'd lose the IAP.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    I hear you but you, like sing0204, seem to be upset over not being able to get one specific cover (though which cover that is changes), as if that somehow negates all the other positives; it doesn't.
    The point is that the other positives are things that you could just get from playing a few levels to earn some ISO or HP, whereas the missed covers cannot be earned so easily.
    It is just a relatively minor annoyance, but it's an annoyance still the same. I wish I hadn't already spent IAP - if I hadn't, I could just restart the game, but if I do that now I'd lose the IAP.

I'm probably splitting hairs on this one but if you had said "...the missed covers might not be earned so easily", I would agree with you 100%. The fact that you can win lots of standard Tokens now means that the Thor cover might be earned even easier (say by earning a token on a much easier level that you trade in and win a Thor) but it is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination. Specific grammar usage aside, it sounds like you and I are more in agreement than not so I should probably just shut up now, lol. icon_e_smile.gif
  • pedant, lol. But you know what I meant.
    I just won a Thor cover, but just to spite me it was green not yellow. I've got 4.5k ISO, I'm tempted to spend it all on 9 standard tokens, I bet they'd all be Black Widow and Hawkeye (both of which I'm not collecting) knowing my luck.

Anyway mostly the patch was good, apart from these annoyances with the mission rewards.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    pedant, lol. But you know what I meant.
    I just won a Thor cover, but just to spite me it was green not yellow. I've got 4.5k ISO, I'm tempted to spend it all on 9 standard tokens, I bet they'd all be Black Widow and Hawkeye (both of which I'm not collecting) knowing my luck.

Anyway mostly the patch was good, apart from these annoyances with the mission rewards.

Lol; I can't help it, it's the German in me. icon_e_wink.gif