1250 HP Burning a hole in my pocket

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So, I've gotten over 1250 HP recently in tournaments. I have 30 slots, with a character in each one =D So, I'm doing fairly well, at the point where buying random packs really isn't a great value. So, I'm looking at buying up a 3* ability, and the 2 that appear to be most useful at the moment are either:

1) Spidey's Blue: Cheaper and thus more plentiful stuns, also makes for better healing and better protect. I have it at 3, putting it to 4 would make it only cost 3. Eligible for the Avenger's Tourney and the rest of Hulk week!

2) Rag's Red: Yay green gen and damage. Very useful for trying to place in Lightning Rounds. Villains are where I'm lacking covers most. I currently have it at a 3, at 4 it would also drop in cost to 3.

3) Grey Widow's Green: The only color I need left to complete her. I have her green at 2, looking to take it to 5.

Thoughts and opinions?

Comments

• Either of the first two.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Either of the first two.

+1

I'd choose between them based on what your greatest need is at the moment. If you'd like to increase your likelihood of winning any individual match (even if it takes longer), then add a point to Spidey and get it into stun lock range. Else, if you can usually win your matches already regardless of the competition and you require more speed in beating your opponents, then take Rag to 4, so you can thunderclap once per red match.
  • Yea,you can't really go wrong with either of the first two choices.
  • I hate to rain on the parade, but I'd do none of the above -- you have 30 slots, 30 covers, and the next slot is 400 HP.

Guess where I think you should spend the HP before upgrading a power?

That said, either of the first two. I'll say that I do not regret spending a ton of HP on red Rag though -- and it led to a lot of 3* Villain covers for me. Spidey is more useful in the current events though, but, again, having a high level Rags let me get Spidey covers (but that was also sheer luck on when they cycled him in as rewards).
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Red rag in a landslide. You'll clean up in lightning rounds (even more so than you already are). That will lead to more iso and hp, it's a fun cycle to get on.
  • Yeah, I am heavily leaning towards the first 2. I actually haven't been able to do well in the Lightning Rounds thus far, even with Rags at a 3.

Zathrus, I have one of every character, so spending the HP on a new cover slot doesn't do anything other than future-proof me, and I'm getting HP at a fast enough rate that I should have enough to buy a slot by the time they announce a new character. And upgrading a hero ability should help in that too.

So, it's really Lightning Round utility Vs PVE utility, I suppose. I'm leaning towards Lightning Rounds, I think, since it will better serve me in completing my cover collection.
  • Definitely go for rag red cos he's a much difficult get cover. As for spidy, I manage to get all through tokens so yeah. Get him into lvl 4 red n start spamming in all lighting event. It won't go wrong n faster to earn hp as well.
  • Having Rag at 4 red made all the difference this go of Lightning rounds. I managed to snag:

1x Diabolical Token (Pulled Loki)
    1x Mag Cover
    1x Rag Cover
    1x Top 2 finish in Doom tourney

Where before, I had trouble breaking into the diabolical token levels. So, definitely was a good choice. Thanks folks!
  • And just to clarify for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread:

We all says Rag covers are more rare than Spidey because Spidey seems to be a progression award in every other tourney (a placement award every once in a while too).

Other than his lightning round this has never (to the best of my knowledge) been true of Rags.