Add game icons to Forum

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    IceIX wrote:
    More stuff, these are clickable from the "View more smilies" menu
    Downside is that since they're 34x34, they mess with text on the line you use them with. Upside is that they're not smudges!
    Very nice.
    They may be 34x34, but they have a lot of space around them. They could be cropped to a smaller size, but that might be a tedious exercise.
    Yeah, same goes for the 17x17s. Both sets have a couple extra pixels I could have used, but since the images came with borders and I didn't want to spend all day for a few images it seemed decent enough to put them up. Maybe I'll make it a side project on off time to redo a few at a time and eke out those pixels.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe move icon_bro8.pngicon_doombot.pngicon_hammer.pngicon_ironpatriot.pngicon_maggia.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_shield.png to the last page.
  • IceIX
    Maybe move icon_bro8.pngicon_doombot.pngicon_hammer.pngicon_ironpatriot.pngicon_maggia.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_shield.png to the last page.
    Moved the group ones to the end. Leaving Ms. Marvel and Iron Patriot where they are, as while they're not playable, they're still characters.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Hrrrmmmm ... trying to get all the characters into one page.

Maybe move the flags to the end. blackflag.pngblueflag.png

The multicolor crits could also be scuttled to the end. bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.png
  • IceIX
    Hrrrmmmm ... trying to get all the characters into one page.

Maybe move the flags to the end. blackflag.pngblueflag.png

The multicolor crits could also be scuttled to the end. bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.png
    Fixed. Just increased the number of smilies displayed on each page within the popup. Gorn engineering!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    For character icons, a blank : nobody : icon would be helpful.

There should also be a general icon redesign so that 3* characters have a gold rim, 4* have a platinum rim.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gonna bump this one to request Blade and Mystique. Also the two buff crystals. Thank you!
  • jojeda654
    Dunno if this will be seen but here goes nothing.

Bag-Man's locked tiles
    Quicksilver's locked tiles.

New character buff crystal (Purple)
    Featured character buff crystal (Red)
    Weekly buff crystal (Yellow)

Charged tiles
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently, we can do smilies. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_wink.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_cry.gif

Add all the game icons to the forum. Each character has an icon for their tiles, and these icons would often be useful. Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web icons would also be handy.

Sets of colored tiles would similarly be useful.
    I never realized the icons originated here. This might be the only bad idea Nonce has ever posted.
    Maybe it's just me, but when someone posts a message that looks more like a rebus puzzle, I can't tell what they're talking about.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Dunno if this will be seen but here goes nothing.

Bag-Man's locked tiles
    Quicksilver's locked tiles.

New character buff crystal (Purple)
    Featured character buff crystal (Red)
    Weekly buff crystal (Yellow)

Charged tiles
    I PMd Ice about this. He'll implement them if he can I'm sure.
  • IceIX
    Just need to figure out what sizes to do them in. The locked tiles are easy, 17x17s (gem/smiley sizes). I'm thinking the buff icons should be 34x34 (character icon sizes).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about Silver recruit tokens and Vault tokens. I see more event specific vaults in our future, so these may come in handy.
  • jojeda654
    IceIX wrote:
    Just need to figure out what sizes to do them in. The locked tiles are easy, 17x17s (gem/smiley sizes). I'm thinking the buff icons should be 34x34 (character icon sizes).

That sounds like a good idea. We would probably use the buff icons next to the character icons anyway.

Also, I forgot about the Ultron bomb tiles.
  • IceIX
    bomb.pngcharged.pnglocked_bm.pnglocked_qs.png

buff_new.pngbuff_normal.pngbuff_weekly.png

token_heroic.png tokenlightning: token_standard.pngtoken_taco.pngtoken_event.png

Couple of things:
    Added a bit of semi-transparent black background beneath the Black Locked Web tile. Without it, the locked square is either too opaque on some color backgrounds or almost completely invisible on the default. So black square.

The Charged tile icon just doesn't work. There's little I can do about that at a 17x17 size. Due to how transparent the Charged tile overlay is, it just blends into the tile itself at small size, and the sunbursts that extend are just random pixels at that point. The only real alternative would be to gin up a "faked" Charged tile that has a lightning bolt on an icon. And you don't want to see my pixel art. It's not pretty. If someone wants to do one up, I can add it.

Quicksilver's Locked tile looks like I assaulted the current TU icon with the blur tool. Best that can really be done at that size though. /shrug.

Also added some Comic Pack tokens. Just 'cuz.
  • Malcrof
    IceIX wrote:
    The Charged tile icon just doesn't work. There's little I can do about that at a 17x17 size. Due to how transparent the Charged tile overlay is, it just blends into the tile itself at small size, and the sunbursts that extend are just random pixels at that point.

Maybe a small lightning bolt in the middle to designate charged?, could even use forcefield.png and just change the coloring, it looks somewhat like a charged tile.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't suppose you have a Psd with a plain emblem, do you?
  • jojeda654
    Thanks for taking the time to add them!

I'll admit they they are a little hard to distinguish on the new mobile view, but I think they are good enough to use on the old forum theme, which is what I try to use anyway.

I knew the charged tile would be problematic, which I was kinda hesitant to request. Maybe we could just use the Winamp icon... icon_question.gificon_lol.gif

Also, yay tokens!

Thanks again!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    :bomb: charged.pnglocked_bm.pnglocked_qs.png

buff_new.pngbuff_normal.pngbuff_weekly.png

token_heroic.png tokenlightning: token_standard.pngtoken_taco.pngtoken_event.png

Couple of things:
    Added a bit of semi-transparent black background beneath the Black Locked Web tile. Without it, the locked square is either too opaque on some color backgrounds or almost completely invisible on the default. So black square.

The Charged tile icon just doesn't work. There's little I can do about that at a 17x17 size. Due to how transparent the Charged tile overlay is, it just blends into the tile itself at small size, and the sunbursts that extend are just random pixels at that point. The only real alternative would be to gin up a "faked" Charged tile that has a lightning bolt on an icon. And you don't want to see my pixel art. It's not pretty. If someone wants to do one up, I can add it.

Quicksilver's Locked tile looks like I assaulted the current TU icon with the blur tool. Best that can really be done at that size though. /shrug.

Also added some Comic Pack tokens. Just 'cuz.

I love the new icons (smilies). I believe we are still missing goon icon for Ninjas and Ultron Sentries.

It would be cool if you guys sneaked in a hidden character every once in awhile icon_e_wink.gif
  • Malcrof
    Looks like we need Command Points, Singularity tile, and possibly a Phoenix icon, not just because JG is not the only one, and it could be anyone who breaks a Phoenix egg.. but because as a 5*, i would rather not have any confusion as to who is being referenced! (same with OML)

which brings up another quandry.. Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, all have their own icons.. but all the wolvies, IMs, and Thors, share icons.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, all have their own icons.. but all the wolvies, IMs, and Thors, share icons.
    Hulk, Red Hulk, and She-Hulk are separate characters who could be fielded together. All Wolverines and all Thors (including 4* Thor, discussed to death elsewhere) are differing rarity variants of one character and can never be played together.