Which colour will I steal? How much damage?

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Surgical Strike is the new powerhouse skill that requires a spreadsheet of data to determine what will happen on resolution. This is poor game design and needs to be addressed.

When hovering over a skill for a second you see a tooltip for that skill. Simply have the game highlight the gem colour that the skill will impact when the tooltip is activated. This can either highlight every gem of that colour on the game board...or simply highlight the AP gem indicator on your opponents AP totals (this way it would apply to things like Psylockes blue in the event of a 2-way, 3-way, 4-way, or 5-way tie)

In addition, have the tooltip show the actual projected damage of a skill. For example, Patch's red does damage based on his tile count. Rather than figure out that value in our heads just have the tooltip display it.

These are simple quality of life fixes that will go a long way to improving our gameplay experience.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I totally agree that this information needs to be displayed, but it should be in the main skill description or right below it, not hidden in a tooltip. Tooltips are not an option on most mobile platforms, and D3/Demiurge don't seem to have warmed up to the "tap and hold for more info" revolution.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    I totally agree that this information needs to be displayed, but it should be in the main skill description or right below it, not hidden in a tooltip. Tooltips are not an option on most mobile platforms, and D3/Demiurge don't seem to have warmed up to the "tap and hold for more info" revolution.
    I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.
    Either way...this is a problem that can certainly be solved for all platforms.