Conspiracy Theory

Options
2»

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To be honest, the AI seems to play about the same as they did before but the color matches simply aren't on the board to power abilities in G/R/Y. It's really hard to think they didn't tweak the colors that come down after matches regardless of how aggressive they play cascades.

I won't go as far to say they are now based on the opposite of your team composition but I'm beginning to feel that they changed the percentage chance certain colors drop with a higher preference for dropping black and blue. Small sample size and obviously a confirmation bias but this was after 3 full wipes of Sentry/Patch/Ares or Cap or Thor on the Storm/HT node. Blue and black tile matches for dayz, yellow/red/green tiles around the edges with barely 2 anywhere close to each other. I had to take Hulk and let him get beat up just to find any semblance of green matches. I actually did better in that instance because he tanked black for me and I just kept letting him get punched in the face to give me more green. There were plenty of black tiles to match almost every turn.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've observed no noticeable difference between pre and post Patch60. Few bad boards for certain colors, few really good ones. Sunrise, sunset.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    You guys are probably right and it was just a rough few games since the pach that was compounded by Sentry being required in the essentials since I don't really care for him in PVE. But it was just crazy how many attacks the AI got and there wasn't anything I could do about it. Hopefully it's better tonight so I can make a final push for 120k.
  • cascades are fine and all but when 5 or 6 same colors in a row drop out of nowhere followed by 5 or 6 of some other color, etc etc...just doesnt make sense. and maybe something like that only happens once a day and you live with it. but i definitely vibe with the op's sentiments. relative to my own past playing experience, the amount of cascades that the ai gets has been more frequent and extreme as of late. and it really feels like its not wanting me to go more than 1 match without having someone on my team downed as if it were pissed that i made it out of the last match unscathed. i started calling the ai ultron whenever i swear at it heh
  • kevind722 wrote:
    It may just be me, but I don't think so. Since this new update I have noticed an increase in the number of cascades the AI gets. I have also noticed that the color schemes of the tiles are always opposite of the team I have in play. It takes longer to trigger my abilities and it faster for the AI causing quicker defeats. I know so people may think it's not true but i don't doubt that there are algorithms that can determine what color tiles will fall as opposed to the tiles that are already on the board. I also believe they can set it to determine the probability of colors according to the team you are using. when i use patch as primary there are loads of pink and black, when i use BP i see red and green. if used patch and bp i see pink yellow and team up. yellow is nice for bp but we all know we want black for bp and so do the devs. I have no statistical proof, but i do know that i have never lost as many games as i have since the update in pve or pvp. and i have always used a variety of teams because it's fun. but since the update the fun in diminishing because of the **** cascades that wipe out max teams in 2 turns

i totally agree with your idea. After the last update it seems AI collects a lot of tiles more than before; besides AI always uses all team ups specially when someone of the characters is going to die.It's a bit frustrating to play and to die three times in a row beacause of that and it happens to me twice in the last two days whilst it never happened before. According to this u are compulsory to use character who scales the same colors of your opponents just to get useful tiles and to try to win.
    Anyway it's FTP game so we cant complain too much about that ^_^
    (p.s. sorry for my bad english)
  • I hate to jump on the "they're all out to get me" bandwagon but I just watched the AI pass on a match-4 for a match-3 that cascaded into a match 5 (from off the board). I thought take a match4 over anything was hardcoded but apparently not anymore