For sale: 1000 HP for 57450 ISO. Conditions apply.

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
As evidenced here and here, if you have a fully covered and levelled 2* Hawkeye and 2* Daken (level 78) and sell them both, it will lose you 57450 of invested ISO, the instant loss of said characters (until you gain the covers again) but gain you 1000 HP.

2* Hawkeye is a loss of 34765 ISO for a gain of 550 HP.
2* Daken is a loss of 22685 ISO for a gain of 450HP.

For those people who are not swimming in HP, 1000 of it for some ISO must be tempting.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't forget it also opens up a roster slot so if the next PVE is Colossus you have a roster spot for him already for a savings of 500-650HP??
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone know typically how long after a patch does the boosted sell prize last?
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just a correction here:
    It actually costs 69530 to level Hawkeye from 15 to 94 and 45370 to level daken from 15 to 78. You only recoup around half your isos invested when you sell them full levelled
    http://imgur.com/4qcThYH
    http://imgur.com/XDOfiND
    Not sure how the image syntax works.

Edit: my bad actually I didn't figure in the isos you get from actually selling the characters.
  • El_Dude
    Options
    Thanks. I've yet to max either one.

Looks like I can sell my lvl 60 Hawkeye for 11,569 ISO and 300 HP. Lvl 55 Daken for 9365 and 300 HP.

Selling them basically guarantees they'll be required for the next PvE, right? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NateDoggTac
    Options
    I'm wondering about that too. How long is the resale period for? (or rather how long was it for Spidey when he was nerfed?)
  • I remember it being quite a while for Spidey. Coupla weeks?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just sold both for the HP. The covers will come again; the increased alliance size will be there as long as I play. icon_e_smile.gif
  • yogi_
    Options
    I made the decision to max level and then sell both of them.

Never had so much HP but my Daken and Hawkeye are back to very minimal covers now. Praying they are not boosted or worse, required for the next PvE.

Actually.... when are they balancing all the other 2*'s???
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    For SCIENCE I have another data point for you. I put a blue cover onto Daken, and then I raised his level from 78 to his new max of 79. His selling price was exactly the same for both ISO and HP, unfortunately icon_e_confused.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought about this more last night and decided to hold on to both.

I looked into the distribution of 2* covers I have gotten over almost 3 months now. It's a small sample size (~1200 covers), but Hawkeye/Daken are the least frequent by a decent margin. Their drops from tokens are roughly in line with everyone else, but their drops from matches/progression have been very limited. I understand that might shift in the coming month or two as D3 starts throwing them out there more frequently to help people rebuild/respec, however my belief is that I can recoup the lost opportunity for HP faster than I can recoup the characters themselves.

Plus they're both important characters for my roster, & I just can't give that up.
  • yogi_
    Options
    I was just looking for somewhere to add a comment connected to this, so your prompt is timely.

Now that Daken has moved from 2 powers to 3, his % of distribution in the Heroic tokens has gone up to now be standard with the other 2*'s, excluding Bullseye. So in theory, he's now a little more available than he used to be.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I sold both of mine as last night I redeemed about 80 tokens, and pulled 5 Dakens and 3 Hawkeyes. If I grind God of Lies Im sure to pull more, as I tend to get several Dakens per PVP so this was a decent way to trade ISO for HP, and as F2P that is a awesome way to go. It almost funds one of my 3* covers who isnt covered.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sold both Hawkeye and Daken for the ISO to add some more levels to 4* Wolverine. I'll re-recruit them as they come in, but I'm well beyond the 2* phase so I only need them for OCD and essential node purposes.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    For SCIENCE I have another data point for you. I put a blue cover onto Daken, and then I raised his level from 78 to his new max of 79. His selling price was exactly the same for both ISO and HP, unfortunately icon_e_confused.gif

More science: The HP for selling increase every 7 or 8 levels by 50 (the very first increase is 100HP). I have tested this with Hawkeye, so it may apply to Daken as well. The first levels are reasonable cheap to get some shiny HP.
  • yogi_
    Options
    As much as lightning rounds can get irritating at times (just pushing through seed teams time after time), I wouldn't mind some of them soon - now need all Daken and (mostly purple) Hawkeye covers.
  • Sandmaker
    Options
    Looks like the best use of this right now is if you get two covers of the same color. You can recruit them and level it to 22 immediately to get 100 HP back + more iso than it cost to level to 22.

Although, my guess is that by posting this, I've already set in motion a stealth patch to get it nerfed.

Sorry guys.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Sandmaker wrote:
    Looks like the best use of this right now is if you get two covers of the same color. You can recruit them and level it to 22 immediately to get 100 HP back + more iso than it cost to level to 22.

Although, my guess is that by posting this, I've already set in motion a stealth patch to get it nerfed.

Sorry guys.

That sound exciting but been a bit of a drought of Daken covers for me recently (only 1 black) and had already gotten my Hawkeye back up to 3/3/1, so not sure what I'll do.

Getting that HP from the full character was hugely useful.

We also don't know yet when the extended refunding offer will end.
  • Sandmaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

That sound exciting but been a bit of a drought of Daken covers for me recently (only 1 black) and had already gotten my Hawkeye back up to 3/3/1, so not sure what I'll do.

Yeah, it really depends on how much you value HP and how much you want to use the character. At the current effective exchange rate of 50 HP per 2* cover, I just can't resist selling them as fast as I can. Even back in the days when they let you sell covers for HP, it was only 25 HP for a 3*.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Sandmaker wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Yeah, it really depends on how much you value HP and how much you want to use the character. At the current effective exchange rate of 50 HP per 2* cover, I just can't resist selling them as fast as I can. Even back in the days when they let you sell covers for HP, it was only 25 HP for a 3*.

The only 3* I ever sold was a black Loki because I did need the HP for a slot desperately at the time and was newish to the game still. Wouldn't mind it back now that I still don't have a lot of him.

But back to the topic, yes, I generally need the HP and can cope without the character. I wonder how much HP I'd get for 7/8 covers... I wonder what each level of refund is for the numbers of covers you have.
  • Sandmaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    But back to the topic, yes, I generally need the HP and can cope without the character. I wonder how much HP I'd get for 7/8 covers... I wonder what each level of refund is for the numbers of covers you have.

As far as i can tell it doesn't seem to depend on covers, only levels. For example my lvl 22 hawkeye with 13 covers still only sells for 100 hp, which was the same the 2 blue cover hawkeye i sold.

Level wise it seems to be 100 hp for the first 7 levels (after 15), and then 50 hp for every 8 after that (roughly).

So
    lvl 22 = 100
    Lvl 30 = 150
    Lvl 38 = 200
    Lvl 78 = 450
    Lvl 86 = 500
    Lvl 94 = 550