Tedious Abilities that require lots of research

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Some powers require more research than others.

Wolverine X-Force. Destroys every tile in the enemy team's strongest color.
Nick Fury. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
Black Panther. Deals 194 damage to each enemy, but the enemy team gains 5 AP in their strongest color.
The Punisher. If they are below 30% of their max health, he downs them.

For each of these, there should be some sort of indicator.
With the Strongest color, that color should be indicated somehow.
Health should have a numeric percentage centered within the cross.

EDIT
Patch -- Best There Is -- How many tiles have his icon, and what is that number times 253?
Magneto -- Polarizing Force -- How many Team-up tiles, and what is that times 261?
Hood -- Dormammu’s Aid -- How many of each color are on the board?

(Especially for those using Falcon)
What is the total Strike, Protect, and Attack force on the board, both for and against me?

EDIT2 stolen from Tile / Power disparities -- with some characters it's confusing what their strongest color is.

With most characters, the order of their abilities matches up with their strongest/stronger/strong tile damages. Unfortunately, R59 and R60 has introduced a lot of sloppiness into this. The change to BWGS still hasn't been officially mentioned.

Beast, BWGS, Captain Marvel, Daken, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Loki, Magneto, Spiderman, and Hawkeye all have tile / power disparities now.

Tile Dam high/med/low .. Power Rankings
_2/__/_1/__/_3/__/3.5 - _3/__/_1/__/_2/__ - 6800 - Beast (Modern)
__/_3/__/_1/_2/__/4.0 - __/_2/__/_3/_1/__ - 5950 - Black Widow (Grey Suit)
_2/_1/__/__/__/_3/4.5 - _3/_1/__/__/__/_2 - 8500 - Captain Marvel (Modern)
__/__/_3/_2/__/_1/4.0 - __/__/_3/_1/__/_2 - 6800 - Daken (Classic)
__/_3/__/_1/__/_2/4.5 - __/_1/__/_2/__/_3 - 6800 - Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
__/__/_1/_3/__/_2/3.0 - __/__/_2/__/__/_1 - 7176 - Doctor Doom (Classic)
__/__/__/_1/_3/_2/3.0 - __/__/__/_2/__/_1 - 5023 - Loki (Dark Reign)
_3/_2/_1/__/__/__/3.2 - _1/_2/_3/__/__/__ - 6800 - Magneto (Classic)
_1/__/_3/_2/__/__/3.0 - _1/__/_2/_3/__/__ - 6800 - Spider-Man (Classic)
__/__/_3/_2/__/_1/4.0 - __/__/_3/_1/__/_2 - 3920 - Daken (Dark Avengers)
__/_3/_2/_1/__/__/4.5 - __/_2/_1/_3/__/__ - 3430 - Hawkeye (Modern)

Comments

• NotYou13
    Options
    I can't agree with this one enough. This is the worst part about dealing with these abilities.
  • john1620b
    Options
    The easiest thing would be to just add something in the ability description, like "enemy team's strongest color (currently: green)". That way you could just check the ability itself.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    It would be really nice if all the ability tooltips were dynamic; in addition to the ones listed in the OP, any ability that does variable damage (Hulk Smash, Magneto Polarizing Force, Ares Onslaught, X-Force Surgical Strike, etc) would be much more pleasant if they did the math for you and just stated how much damage they would do.
  • I completely forgot that BP's black gave AP to the enemy. I've never had a team live through it.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There are even more similar ones that make me feel like I need a calculator handy to tell if it will do what I want. Patch's Best There Is comes to mind as does Deadpool's A Little Off the Top.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed. When I was playing 2* I had a meowin' shell script that I could paste green AP numbers into to figure out exactly how much damage Ares' green was going to do, because often my mental ballpark math was off by 50 hp or so and that could swing the match.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everything that could be displayed should be easy on PC. There's plenty of real estate to do so. Having an actual tablet UI would be great as well. Mobile, this can become problematic.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One solution

When a character is chosen to activate a power, there is a heads-up display showing the 2 or 3 powers.

For example, clicking on Patch's icon brings up Berserker Rage, Best There Is, and Healing Factor, with full text of the ability. In Best There Is, there could be text like
    "27 tiles bear his icon. 27x237=6399"

An additional box full of info could be shown when the heads-up display is brought up.

Board Status
    8/9/10/10/7/09/11

[Red] Strongest enemy color

Team ............. Enemy ............. Total effect
    [Strike] +134 .... [Protect] -47 ...... enemy takes +87 damage
    [Protect] +80 ... [Strike] -47 ........ team takes +33 damage

Countdowns/Attack tiles/Impending Enemy
    [2] Pistol -- Maggia Thug 356 + 33 = 389
    [1] Flame Jet -- (Unowned) 945 + 33 = 978
    [Attack] (4 tiles) 245 + 33 = 278
    [!] Thunderclap ready 967 + 33 = 1000

"27 tiles bear his icon. 27x237=6399" would become
    "27 tiles bear his icon. 27x237 + [Strike] 134 - [Protect] 47 = 6486"
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Come on guys, you are not playing this game with phone (mouse, tablet... you name it) in one hand and calculator in the second?
  • hurcules
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    Come on guys, you are not playing this game with phone (mouse, tablet... you name it) in one hand and calculator in the second?
    Pffft. Abacus ftw.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    h4n1s wrote:
    Pffft. Abacus ftw.

I prefer my sliderule thank you very much
  • I am too lazy, mental math for me. Roll the dice baby are we killing storm or all dying horribly lets go!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone figured out what a goon's "best color" is? I never know what's going to happen when I use XForce on a goon level.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    The first power of the leftmost goon on the boost select screen determines strongest color (unless there's a character with a higher number, of course).

Credit to Phantron for testing this.