Great update, thanks for the undocumented nerf

Options
Unknown
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I updated the game and read the patch notes "fixed a big where blah blah blah team-ups blah blah blah crash."

Then for some reason I thought to myself- wouldn't it be funny if they stealth nerfed Magneto finally.

Log in. Thanks game! Your methods are truly scandalous! Thanks for the nerf, thanks for telling us about it.

Those who have a maxed Daken/Sentry just got a lot stronger since the only character on that level was Mags.

Thanks for the good times, Puzzle Quest. Uninstalled.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was the stickied "Upcoming Changes - Magneto (Classic)" topic that's been here for weeks not enough documentation for you? Do you demand messenger pigeons?
  • When I update the game in the app store, I expect it to tell me what is being changed.

It isn't my job to have to have to check the game's forums on a daily basis to see which character may or may not be nerfed at any given time. This info can be easily displayed on the store update page. Had I known this, I would have not updated, and still enjoyed the gameplay.

Carry on.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you didn't update you wouldn't be able to keep playing the game (since they want everybody working from the same list of available characters) so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, there.
  • Yeah, there is a list of updated characters in the iTunes app store description but not in Google Play's.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I update the game in the app store, I expect it to tell me what is being changed.

It isn't my job to have to have to check the game's forums on a daily basis to see which character may or may not be nerfed at any given time. This info can be easily displayed on the store update page. Had I known this, I would have not updated, and still enjoyed the gameplay.

Carry on.

This was a forced update so no getting around that. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you on your way out!
  • Yet you chose to reply on the forums... I agree that he took a bit of a deflating hit on his overall rank and prestige within the game. I have played a number of games with him and I'm pleased with the Nerf. I say give it a few weeks to see where the total impact of these nerfs are felt across the game. Mag was my first *** that I got 13 covers for, so it is to me a bit hard to take, but the game is based around the best team, not one character. If you enjoy something enough, follow it correctly (ie forums, website, Facebook, etc...) so that your not exposed to unknown changes. Give it time.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The tone of the OP is a bit whiny, but he has a legitimate point.

Documentation in general has been lacking as of late. Recent patch notes have had rather embarrassing typos and mistakes, and it seems like this last update was hurried out the door in lieu of actually putting proper patch notes in the various app stores. Yes, the Magneto nerf was a long time coming, but it is reasonable to expect major changes to be at least mentioned there.

It seems a bit sloppy and unprofessional. Hopefully this'll get better, especially with the new CM hiring.
  • Thanks for the info Turbo. So the real issue is in google play info vs. Itunes.

As to everyone else, thanks for your childish, insulting replies.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When I update the game in the app store, I expect it to tell me what is being changed.

Carry on.

That's adorable. I remember my first forced update for MPQ, and then the next one.. and then the one after that.. then when they ruined Spider-Man.. then the next two or three after that and then today's. But what I do like is that if they're going to do an update that there's no way out of (nerfs and powerset changes) - they put the info up here first 93% of the time, as was mentioned. Which is still better than when they don't tell you or mention that a change is going to occur (Grey Suit Black Widow color strengths). Why else would anyone come here if not for MPQ news and info?
  • This nerf was about as stealthy as a gassy elephant on crack.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if noticed other "stealth" changes on Hawkeye and X-Force...
  • Thanks for the info Turbo. So the real issue is in google play info vs. Itunes.

Dude, you've been around since February...

Even if you don't frequent the forums on a regular basis, most do check once in a while to see on any new updates to the gameplay.

Since it seems like you play MPQ more often than not, it should be your responsibility to stay informed...
  • Although I'm not sure how anyone could've missed the impending changes if they visit the forum at all which the OP seems to, I do think this game is seriously lacking in having any sort of way to let you know what has changed. If this was as MMORPG you'd download a new patch and the message will be: "Some things may have changed". Actually even that's kind of generous, because unless you always watch the version number you might not even know there's a new patch because the game constantly downloads new stuff without any patches involved. It seems like they can at least pop up a message with one of those tinyurl links for people to type in to see what has changed if they somehow can't fit the content in the game itself.
  • When I update the game in the app store, I expect it to tell me what is being changed.

Carry on.

That's adorable. I remember my first forced update for MPQ, and then the next one.. and then the one after that.. then when they ruined Spider-Man.. then the next two or three after that and then today's. But what I do like is that if they're going to do an update that there's no way out of (nerfs and powerset changes) - they put the info up here first 93% of the time, as was mentioned. Which is still better than when they don't tell you or mention that a change is going to occur (Grey Suit Black Widow color strengths). Why else would anyone come here if not for MPQ news and info?

Why put it on the D3 forum first? Why not post an IN GAME NOTICE about the upcoming changes? We got in game notifications about the Thorverine and Spidey nerfs. This forum only represents, maybe 5% of the player base.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plenty of games post change logs that you have to go on the website or forum to find. The vast majority of people don't go through and read them. They just wait till their friend says "they changed x", or they find out themselves in game.

I think they should just make more balance changes more often, and people would freak out less.
  • scottee wrote:
    Plenty of games post change logs that you have to go on the website or forum to find. The vast majority of people don't go through and read them. They just wait till their friend says "they changed x", or they find out themselves in game.

I think they should just make more balance changes more often, and people would freak out less.

They usually at least put a message like 'click here for patch notes', and if there was an option like that, I'd consider that sufficient, but there isn't.

Dude, you've been around since February...

Even if you don't frequent the forums on a regular basis, most do check once in a while to see on any new updates to the gameplay.

Since it seems like you play MPQ more often than not, it should be your responsibility to stay informed...

If you check the OPs history, he hasn't replied or written a post on this forum since May. Again, why is it our "responsibility to stay informed"? It's not like we're driving and need to be responsible for knowing the speed limit or the rules of the road at all times. An in game notification, like we received for Thorverine and Spidey, would have gone a long way.

I am not a big gamer, but no other mobile game I've played has seen so many, (sometimes drastic) changes in the span of a year.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    You really suck at this. I got a -24 rep OP on a joke thread.

You're being serious and you STILL can't top me? Step it up, son.

KELBRIS DOWNVOTE TOURNAMENT WINNER 2014 - SUPERIOR FORUM STRATEGIES PREVAIL
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    To be fair, I only down vote you because your signature is annoyingly large.
  • john1620b
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    To be fair, I only down vote you because your signature is annoyingly large.
    I don't downvote you, but I agree: Kelbris, why can't you make those two rectangles horizontal, instead of vertical? They take up almost an entire page in my laptop browser. icon_e_surprised.gif