Siege Healing

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Every had one of those games?

You've just played a PvP to win 27 points.
While you were playing, 7 other people attacked you and you've lost 97 points. One person managed to beat your team three times.

It's possible for a person to start a game, put it in their pocket, then finish it up hours later. We don't want to make slow playing as effective as a shield.

One possibility -- if a person loses more points than they've won in a match, and they have fewer than 5 health packs, then the healthpacks automatically get recharged to 5.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    One possibility -- if a person loses more points than they've won in a match, and they have fewer than 5 health packs, then the healthpacks automatically get recharged to 5.
    Sweet!
    So I run Hood/Sentry until I'm out of Health Packs, then lose to Shamsali on purpose, losing 7 points - and am back to 5 HP and another 300 Points with Sentry bombing!

Needs a bit more thought icon_e_wink.gif
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Sweet!
    So I run Hood/Sentry until I'm out of Health Packs, then lose to Shamsali on purpose, losing 7 points - and am back to 5 HP and another 300 Points with Sentry bombing!

Needs a bit more thought icon_e_wink.gif

As the OP implies, you'd have to win a match for this to take effect. Still wouldn't be perfect, but covering this case is better than not doing anything. In addition, instead of healthpacks they could just limit the amount of points lost. That should get rid of all exploits as the point loss would be lessened and there are zero gains.
  • What about a temporary PVP . If you retaliate against someone who attacked you within lets say 15 minutes of being attacked you can always retaliate and regain all points that you lost to that player. So while you are climbing you can make up losses to the zombie horde but if you stop it is just like normal.
  • I think the "hitting someone multiple times" thing has to end - if you've hit someone once, you shouldn't be able to queue them up again for x amount of time unless they've retaliated.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think the "hitting someone multiple times" thing has to end - if you've hit someone once, you shouldn't be able to queue them up again for x amount of time unless they've retaliated.
    I think this is the best solution, but it would cause the problem where you keep seeing the same few people as opponents to get even worse. As you remove people from the pool, you now have even less opponents in your MMR range.

So I think this would help, but they can't do it without a lot of other work on improving match-making.