Who should be able to steal TU AP?

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
With the ability to steal TU AP coming, there's an opportunity here to balance a few characters. In some cases, TU stealing could effectively ruin a power (ok, just one: Bewilder).

I've also found that when dealing with highly effective AP stealers, matching TUs is a good strategy to try and recover from big AP losses. This is particularly important against OBW, who can easily lock out abilities for an entire game.

And since the AI only has one TU ability now, the need to steal TU AP seems less critical now. The AI, not the player will gain the most from stealing AP. Perhaps it's not such a great idea after all.

Here are my thoughts:

Daredevil --- Yes! His Radar Sense is way too expensive for what it does. Compare to OBW who can steal far more reliably and often (for less). He should steal TU AP for sure.
OBW --- Maybe. But she's already a beast. TUs may be the only way to recover after her first steal sets you back and sets her up for another steal.
Psylocke --- No! Since the AI can only cast one TU ability, TU AP will accumulate massively, making it the only thing she will ever steal in any match. Once the player uses their TU abilities, Bewilder will really be worthless. Every match!
The Hood --- Yes, I think so, maybe with Lvl 5.
Yelena and mWidow --- Yes. Recon costs far more for them than for OBW. They might as well get a little extra AP out of it.

Did I miss anyone?

Comments

• Bewilder is pretty much only used to dump extra blue AP if you are not in the mood for Chemical Reaction, so whatever it steals if it steals at all is fine. If I am bringing Psylocke to a PvE node, I might plan to bring usable TU with me (Chemical Reaction mind you), since I don't run her in PvP ever.
    Looking forward to Hood/oBW stealing TUAP, though, because whatever the AI can use, the player can use better.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I think it would great if Psylocke stole TU AP. That would make using some of those high AP cost abilities feasible and make her Bewilder much more useful. In any challenging match I can use TUAP, but may have one or two colors which I can't.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Did I miss anyone?

Not a steal, but She-Hulk and new mHawkeye will have AP drain, which should include TUAP.