15 Suggestions, are you For or Against?

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've collected 15 suggestions for a poll. Vote for the ones you support, and that will count as a FOR vote. Otherwise, it will count as an AGAINST vote. I mostly tried to stick to suggestions that would be easy to implement, but I didn't see easy fixes for Spiderman or Ragnarok.

Feel free to gather your own lists of 15 suggestions. There is a Daredevil poll. It would be good to have 15 power suggestions gathered up for each of Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok in 3 different polls.

A possible power for Spiderman, to replace Web Bandages.
    Web Interference - Yellow 5AP
    Spider-Man picks a basic tile for a web countdown tile. Opponent powers using the chosen color are unusable for two rounds. When the countdown is over, just the webbing remains.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Countdown and and Attack tiles powered by the chosen color are halted. Level 3: Team-up tiles may be selected, preventing enemy use. Level 4: Protect and Strike tiles of the chosen color stop functioning. Level 5: Interference lasts for three rounds.

A possible new power for Ragnarok.
      Face Me - Black Passive
      Ragnarok gets out front and stays there. His tile matches do 1 more damage than any other team member. An attacking team cannot select his teammates.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Ragnarok's tile matches do 10 more damage than any other team member. Level 3: Making a team-up tile match stuns Ragnarok for 1 turn, but his team can immediately play again. Level 4: When Ragnarok has 6 AP in Red and Green, self-repair is activated, healing 7% health. Level 5: Area attacks do half damage to Ragnarok's teammates.

Tweaked Face Me to be a black passive, and replaced AP steal with activated self-healing.
      Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Personally, I'd rather see IW's green either not end the turn when creating bubbles, or have her level 5 green not end the turn. Even then, her painfully slow yellow makes her a 2 skill character. I'd rather see the yellow made cheaper but have the intermediate levels make them invisible to special abilities (i.e. level 1 invisible to match damage, level 3 invisible to passive skills, level 5 invisible to everything).

Edit: Mind you, I still voted for her change, b/c her green and yellow are a tad expensive.
      • over_clocked
        Options
        Remind me again, what use does Hood's colour change serve? So that he can be tanked on purple by... Deadpool?
        Can you change/add Psylocke's Bewilder instead getting changed to purple pretty pelase?
      • Pylgrim
        Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Should have added a suggestion to give Doom a third power too. I supported give Rags a third power, but Face Me is kind of all over the place. Very flavourful, yes, but the non-intuitive progression of powers makes it hard to grok. Also, it seems to me that it should be black, which also suits Rags character better. And while I support giving Loki and Bullseye a third ability, I very much doubt Avoid will come back. It was eliminated precisely because it was wonky and hardly ever worked as intended.
      • Colognoisseur
        Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
        Options
        I'll be back to vote after R60 goes live so I can actually see the four characters in action.
      • orionpeace
        orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        There are things I didn't vote for because I didn't feel they were enough.

For example: If you are going to reduce Sentinel of Liberty, it needs to be 12AP max. For 9AP Yellow, BP can put out 3 strike tiles. And that would still be 4 match 3's. 16AP would require 6 matches. That is still too high for a defensive skill.

Put it at 12AP if he still gets to select the tiles. Or move it down to 9/10AP if it goes random.
      • IamTheDanger
        IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        My main problem is the random selection. These guys are top of line super heros. Their aim should be perfect. Especially Magneto. That was my main use for him, to over write certain tiles. That and using his purple right after Patch green.

Other than that, I'm okay with the upcoming buffs/nerfs. The other suggestions for lowering Ap cost on certain powers is great, if D3 would only do it.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Options
        It's general consensus that Thor and Sentry are overpowered, so I tried to tweak them, but that doesn't seem popular at all.

More buffs before nerfs, that's the signal I'm seeing.
      • It's general consensus that Thor and Sentry are overpowered, so I tried to tweak them, but that doesn't seem popular at all.

More buffs before nerfs, that's the signal I'm seeing.
        His major problems are yellow (# of tiles converted) and his green. I think I'd rather see either a) BWGS brought up to his damage or b) have their AP costs meet somewhere in the middle (have both BW and Thor green sit around 16).

Also, for as long as damage remains persistent across fights, and as long as offensive abilities far outstrip defensive abilities, I will argue for nerfs in conjunction with buffs. They may not be popular but from a design / power creep perspective, it's the more sound principle.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Options
        If any devs are paying attention ...

1. Iron Man 40 -- Remove AP drains. Drop Salvo to 15 AP, and Recharge to 6 7 9 10 12
        2. Your Wolverine X-Force change is popular.
        3. Captain America -- Lower cost of Sentinel of Liberty to 12 AP, or maybe a bit more.
        4. Loki -- give him Trickery
        5. Mag's changes are acceptable, but he should be strong in Purple, not Yellow.
        6. Hawkeye's changes are okay.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Options
        Pylgrim wrote:
        Should have added a suggestion to give Doom a third power too. I supported give Rags a third power, but Face Me is kind of all over the place. Very flavourful, yes, but the non-intuitive progression of powers makes it hard to grok. Also, it seems to me that it should be black, which also suits Rags character better. And while I support giving Loki and Bullseye a third ability, I very much doubt Avoid will come back. It was eliminated precisely because it was wonky and hardly ever worked as intended.

Black would be good for Face Me.
        Team-up match for Stun allows his power to be turned off, for someone like Patch, Hulk, or Captain Marvel to get in front.
        The Red or Green match stealing AP is lousy, but I didn't have a good "tank" idea for level 4. Any ideas?
        He'd become the best Tank character, excellent for teams with more fragile characters.
      • BearVenger
        BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        I dig Face Me, but I'm not a fan of its inability to be turned off (maybe one-turn long, triggered on a Red/Green/Black match?).

With no end in sight, just plug in x/5/x Hood and (insert anyone else here, but especially an active blue/green user) and call it a day.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Options
        BearVenger wrote:
        I dig Face Me, but I'm not a fan of its inability to be turned off (maybe one-turn long, triggered on a Red/Green/Black match?).
        With no end in sight, just plug in x/5/x Hood and (insert anyone else here, but especially an active blue/green user) and call it a day.

His level 3 is the off switch.
        Level 3: Making a team-up tile match stuns Ragnarok for 1 turn, but his team can immediately play again.

Collect 3 TU AP and play again with Rags turned off.

Yes, Ragnarok+Hood would be dangerous, but their max damage is 1175/1186. They could eventually be taken down by most other heroes. Much like Daken or Hulk, he'd pair well with almost all fragile characters.
      • BearVenger
        Options
        I just don't like being able to target another character until I down Ragnarok. Making it a one-turn passive that's triggered on him matching his colors? I'm more OK with that. But only being able to target teammates when I've made a TU match? Ick.

That passive also means when he's on my team, I can't shift him to the back by matching another color. Not as much fun if Ragnarok starts off on his last legs, and especially unfun when he's the required character. I do a fair bit of wizardry/tile-fu to keep my wounded heroes out of harm's way.

I also really, really like the suggestion of giving Loki Modern Hawkeye's Avoid passive. It very much fits Loki as a character. I'd think that as covers increase, the percent damage done to the teammate decreases. 1 cover = 5% damage reduction. 5 covers = 25% damage reduction - and/or - reduce the necessary amount of tiles to trigger the skill as covers increase.
      • BearVenger
        Options
        I don't want to take away all of IM40's handicaps, but with the Magneto nerf, maybe increase his abilities' damage to put him in the forefront of hard-hitters. Right now, other characters do more damage without the drawbacks.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        edited September 2014
        Options
        BearVenger wrote:
        I don't want to take away all of IM40's handicaps, but with the Magneto nerf, maybe increase his abilities' damage to put him in the forefront of hard-hitters. Right now, other characters do more damage without the drawbacks.

Magneto is gone as the prime 3* AP generator. The Hood and Storm can gather AP, but are fragile. Daken and Falcon do useful things while collecting Yellow and Green without spending it.

With the suggested tweaks, IM40 would be a great support character for AP generation. To be ultra cool, his Recharge should get a heads-up display.

"How much power, sir?"
        6 ooo . . . 7 ooo . . . 9 oo . . . 10 oo . . . 12 oo

If he doesn't have enough power, he can't trigger the higher recharges. If he has 6, he can trigger a red-only recharge. This would greatly improve his flexibility. If he only had 3 covers, then the purple and black options wouldn't be there.

EDIT -- Variable Power is good enough that the current costs would be fine. So I'm going to change my suggestion. Making it too cheap makes it less strategic.

"How much power, sir?"
        6 ooo . . . 8 ooo . . . 10 oo . . . 12 oo . . . 14 oo
      • Nellyson
        Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        BearVenger wrote:

Magneto is gone as the prime 3* AP generator. The Hood and Storm can gather AP, but are fragile. Daken and Falcon do useful things while collecting Yellow and Green without spending it.

With the suggested tweaks, IM40 would be a great support character for AP generation. To be ultra cool, his Recharge should get a heads-up display.

"How much power, sir?"
        6 ooo . . . 7 ooo . . . 9 oo . . . 10 oo . . . 12 oo

If he doesn't have enough power, he can't trigger the higher recharges. If he has 6, he can trigger a red-only recharge. This would greatly improve his flexibility. If he only had 3 covers, then the purple and black options wouldn't be there.

This. This right here....this right here is absolutely genius! It fits everything that is Iron Man! You can recharge at whatever level you want. Damn, Nonce. Great idea! I really hope they see this and can implement it. It'd be exactly like Fury with what heroes heed his call.
      • Mawtful
        Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options

This sounds like a perfect tweak, and I would hazard a guess that if he had been released post-Fury that's how it would have operated.
      • Pylgrim
        Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        For a third ability I'd give Ragnarok a passive that increases his match damage as he takes in damage (from malfunctioning/going berserker). i.e. increases damage by 25% if under half HP, by 50% if under a quarter and 100% if under a tenth. (At maxed covers. Could be 5%, 15%, and 30% at 1 cover.) It would go well along his tanky role.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Options
        For easy implementation, some Environment powers can be dusted off and given to those with only two covers.

These would be Temp covers, filling in for when they get a more appropriate third cover.

Doctor Doom -- give Latverian Terrain.
        Loki -- give Thorned Rose.
        Ragnarok -- give Containment Breach
        Bullseye -- give Avoid
        Juggernaut -- give Hot Dog Stand (as True Healing)
        Venom -- give Narrow Alley

Thorned Rose -- Take 100 damage. Gain 5 AP of every color.
        Hot Dog Stand -- Take a quick break to eat one of the city's famous hot dogs. All allies recover 50 health.
        Containment Breach -- A high-energy phenomenon breaches its containment vessel. causing one random tile to become critical tile.
        Latverian Terrain -- Knowledge of the Latverian countryside gives your team tactical edge. Adds three Black Strike tiles.
        Snow Drift -- Stun target for 1 turn. Reduce enemy AP of every color by 1.
        Desert -- A lush oasis appears on the horizon. 6 random tiles become basic Green tiles.

Forest Fire -- Turn all Green and Forest tiles into Red tiles. Empty all enemy AP.
        Narrow Alley -- Destroys the left and right sides of the board.
        System Failure -- An Ion acceleration chamber fails, scattering charged particles around the room. Destroys 21 random tiles and deals 150 damage to each enemy.
        Doomstadt Gambit -- Your team's devastating strike recalls Doom conquering Haasenstadt and remaking it into his capital. Stuns the target for 5 turns and deals 200 damage to each enemy.
        Cold Snap -- Turns all Red and Winter tiles into Blue tiles. Stuns the target for 3 turns.
        Sandstorm -- A sudden sand storm envelops the battlefield, creating 6 critical tiles.
      • Some of these the answer was meh, but many of these would be great.

I love the variable recharge on IM40. Only other change I would make to that is recharge stunning IM40 as the countdowns are played (and shortening the CD to match).

What I think when I hear of recharge : Ironman is beat up but takes a minute to reboot and gather power then leaps back up ready to fire.
        What actually happens when you use recharge:
        ~Batteries at full, system shutting down~
        Tony wakes back up, "hey what happened?"
        "It was awesome. Those batteries on your back started glowing but you were out of it so Steve grabbed a red one and a blue one strapped them to his shield and threw it at Sentry. Dude couldn't even stand up for a minute Cap hit him that hard. But seriously Tony are you done napping and actually going to help out today??"