Patchneto, soon to be broken what else is there?

Options
Unknown
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Patchneto users, you know who you are....

The day is coming, may be today maybe tomarrow, but soon, soon the day will come when Patchneto will be over.

I used the combo, you used it, heck even little Suzi down the street used it. So when it no longer is a viable combo, what team will you be swaping to for your duo/triple fun?

(and please don't say Sentry/Daken or Socken as I like to think of them.)

Personally I have been having fun with Hulk, GSBW, and Spidey. In this I only have Hulk maxed, the other 2 are at 146.

But with purple fuleing both Spidies defence tiles and Widows Deceptive Tactics, it is easy to get 2-3 snipers, and it seems to have a good defencive streak going as well.

Not sure who to use for my main duo. my maxed guys are: Hulk, Patch, CMags, Hood, Punisher. With Spidy and GSBW coming up at the affore mentioned 146.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldnt reccommend any combos here because the devs might ruin them too icon_razz.gif
  • hurcules
    Options
    Patchneto still works. Berserker Rage followed by Coercive Field to minimise opponent strike tile damage.
  • That is if it will target enemy tiles first then any other random tile. We will have to see.
  • Sentry + whoever is stll more of a problem then patchneto ever was. Metrics lie because he hasn't been around as long to flood every single team above 500 pts but he will be soon enough.

The only thing broken about patchneto as far as devs were concerned is that the combo didn't require health packs to play - Sentry does

So on that note - patch and daken have true healing - op?

Cmag actually wasn't as broken as they think and all they needed to do was increase the cost of blue by 1 or 2 and make red cost something like 6 or so with 2-3 times the number of tiles destroyed and he'd be fine.

Instead they tried to make him a new character who I can't fairly judge without having used him in his new form but looks like a backseat to most of the roster in both pvp and pve. Atleast there are villain lightning rounds to toy around with him in
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am looking forward to trying out Psylock, LDaken, G/Y cover combo. I am saving up some HP to get Ldaken to at least 4 Purple and since he will only be able to generate 1 strike tile on green matches I will still get 1 Psylock strike tile for 6 Red.

Another Combo I can use for a couple of matches that I like is Punisher and BP. Lots of strike tiles with Rage of the Panther.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch green followed by C Storm blue followed by She Hulk red or Punisher black or Beast green if I have enough green Ap.

Then there is MN Mags purple to feed Steve Rogers blue to keep 1 or even 2 opponents stunned permanently. Trying to keep all 3 stun locked requires too much Ap, even with +6 Ap boost, 2 is the most I can keep stunned at once. Also Hood makes a good 3rd for this team.

I also use Thor's yellow and GSBW's purple and Hood to generate green for GSBW's Sniper Rifle.

Just to name a couple.

JJ
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Sentry + whoever is stll more of a problem then patchneto ever was. Metrics lie because he hasn't been around as long to flood every single team above 500 pts but he will be soon enough.

The only thing broken about patchneto as far as devs were concerned is that the combo didn't require health packs to play - Sentry does

So on that note - patch and daken have true healing - op?

Cmag actually wasn't as broken as they think and all they needed to do was increase the cost of blue by 1 or 2 and make red cost something like 6 or so with 2-3 times the number of tiles destroyed and he'd be fine.

Instead they tried to make him a new character who I can't fairly judge without having used him in his new form but looks like a backseat to most of the roster in both pvp and pve. Atleast there are villain lightning rounds to toy around with him in
    I Have to agree with my buddy Lore on this one. The devs seem to overreact to OP characters when a slight tweak will do. Increasing the cost of red to 6 and blue to 6 or 7 would have made more sense and had a better result all around than totally reworking the character. He'd still have been played, Patchneto would still exist, and it would have been a slower and therefore less OP combo.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought that a Band-Aid tweak for CMags would have been to transform any 2 basic tiles to protect without changing their color. Still high defense, but no board tweaking. Or alternatively, go halvsies: One user-placed blue protect, one randomized blue protect. Some, but less, board manipulation.

CMags' changes make me mourn the end of the road for the High Hard One trio of Punisher/CMags/Black Panther. A more fragile, but still fun sub would be Pun/BP/Falcon.

There's also the Lime Skittles Piñata combo of Hulk/Daken/Thor. Unbalanced as heck, but fun. Or sub in BWGS for Thor, if you want.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    See the excellent guide by Northern Polarity.
    LazyDaken + Falcon -- Falcon needs to build up tiles. Only Spiderman, Bullseye, and Daken can put out tiles quickly.
    LazyDaken + Human Torch -- Torch needs someone to collect green and black for him.
    LazyDaken + Sentry -- Sentry needs strike tiles on the board by the time he finishes collecting green
    Captain America + The Hood -- Cap is the master of the long game, and Hood helps to make a long game.
    LazyThor + Black Panther
    Nick Fury + X-Force

On his own, Daken isn't that great, but he's the best support character in the game at the moment.

Hulk, Punisher, and Captain Marvel are great support characters.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am having fun with Lazy Thor and Daken. There is a slight synergism there, in that his blue attack, will turn a blue into a green for Thors powerful green attack.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sentry/ (Hood/ldaken) will still be your ultimate shield hop and defensive team.

As for teams to climb with? I'm actually at a loss. I run plenty of relaxed teams but they aren't exactly reliable winners like Pathneto or sentry. Here's some of duo's I enjoy using to climb the ranks.

- Doom / Panther
    - Doom / Thor
    - Thor / Spidey
    - Any big damage dealer + Hood
    - Psylocke / Punisher
    - Daken / Human Torch
    - Patch / Loki

My problem with the above teams is that they often don't truly shine without an appropriate 3rd. Simply throwing them in with the featured character often leads to mediocre results. Spidey/Thor/GSBW make a great trio offensively for example.
  • Laken + Lthor
    Laken + GSBW
    Laken + Psylocke
    Laken + Patch
    Laken + Sentry
    Laken + Punisher
    Laken + HT
    Laken + Hulk

oops.... too many Laken icon_lol.gif

Free (passive) Strike Tiles all the way!
  • Pucco wrote:
    Laken + Lthor
    Laken + GSBW
    Laken + Psylocke
    Laken + Patch
    Laken + Sentry
    Laken + Punisher
    Laken + HT
    Laken + Hulk

Laken is like bacon. Add him to anything and it's automatically better.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I may actually try 2/3 of the X-force theme team by pairing Psylocke with XF Wolverine. Those two together give me actives on everything except Purple.

Full team would have Deadpool as the third X-force team member, but mine's only at 2/0/0 right now, so no active Purple there anyway. They'd go nicely with anyone who's got Blue + Purple actives, which I think is now limited to Daredevil after the Magneto change.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Pucco wrote:
    Laken + Lthor
    Laken + GSBW
    Laken + Psylocke
    Laken + Patch
    Laken + Sentry
    Laken + Punisher
    Laken + HT
    Laken + Hulk

Laken was arguably nerfed even harder than cmags
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Sentry/ (Hood/ldaken) will still be your ultimate shield hop and defensive team.

As for teams to climb with? I'm actually at a loss. I run plenty of relaxed teams but they aren't exactly reliable winners like Pathneto or sentry. Here's some of duo's I enjoy using to climb the ranks.

- Doom / Panther
    - Doom / Thor
    - Thor / Spidey
    - Any big damage dealer + Hood
    - Psylocke / Punisher
    - Daken / Human Torch
    - Patch / Loki

My problem with the above teams is that they often don't truly shine without an appropriate 3rd. Simply throwing them in with the featured character often leads to mediocre results. Spidey/Thor/GSBW make a great trio offensively for example.

My main team is Patch/Doom/BP, I love how it works, and this tourney is great for it
  • Spoit wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Pucco wrote:
    Laken + Lthor
    Laken + GSBW
    Laken + Psylocke
    Laken + Patch
    Laken + Sentry
    Laken + Punisher
    Laken + HT
    Laken + Hulk

Laken was arguably nerfed even harder than cmags

yeah, lets not forget that daken is getting nerfed too guys. he will heat himself to death making 33% less strong stike tiles. Only team around is sentry.