Unlocked Oscorp campaign, need advice.

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey guys, how you doing? I'm a new player (i play the pc version). I find this game really fun, and i'm glad i've discovered a place to talk about the game. I've been searching on reddit and so on.

I've unlocked the Oscorp campaign, and i'm looking for advice about how to proceed. Of course, i'm not able to do Oscorp yet.
I've got Juggernaut campaign done (15/15) and got pretty much every reward.
For Venom im at 11/14 (everything besides the blonde widow fights), and got 25/56 rewards.

I have three questions to ask, then i will tell you guys my roster, and see if i can get any advice.

Is Thor mandatory? I've played him each time i was forced, and i've found him a really boring character, and i don't like his looks. Am i hurting myself to much since i've sold his covers? icon_redface.gif

Is Moonstone any good? I've got one from the first parts of the game, then got another cover for her from an event...but in the end i've sold her to make space. Now i feel guilty and i regret it...she was looking really cool, but it didnt seem a decent way to have her being useful (only two covers, while iron man have 13 covers). Did i screw it up by selling her? Would there be any way to get her back(some later fights in the campaign perhaps?)

How should i procede next? I feel that ISO are my main problem, i don't have enough to max out iron man/ black widow, and i've got most of the 500/200 acesible rewards.

Besides this, i don't know what to do with my rooster...ISO is not enough to keep all my characters leveled up.

Iron man (M35) - LVL 25 - 5/3/5
Hawkeye (classic) - LVL 20 - 5/5
Black Widow (modern) - LVL 20 - 3/5
Storm (modern) - LVL 20 - 2/4/0
Dr Doom (classic) - LVL 15 - 1/0
Black Widow (grey) - LVL 15 - 0/0/1
Venom - LVL 9 - 3/3
Hawkeye (modern) - LVL7 - 2/3/2
Juggernaut - LVL 3 - 3/1

Other available covers : Magneto (1 classic / 1 marvel now)

I've just learned you can't have a 5/5/5 , and it seems my iron man is screwed, since he is the only yellow user, and blue goes anyway to black widow stuns...

Dr Doom was really good when i got him, but since i dont have any other cover for him..should i keep him? Same question for Grey Widow

Is my Storm screwed because of 4 red?

I've got the modern hawkeye from the hulk event (this morning the dificulty was trivial, now everything is impossible), but now i've heard he is pretty bad. Should i keep leveling him? I feel i may have wasted another good amount of ISO on him icon_e_sad.gif

Is there any point for Juggernaut? He is red/green, like storm...but storm got also black, and anyway i dislike Juggernaut about as much as Thor...

Should i continue leveling Venom, or it's bad? I feel like it may be a waste of ISO, that i already lack.

Thanks everyone. Hope someone will help me out. Have a nice afternoon/ evening.

Comments

• Welcome to the forums! To answer your questions:

- Thor is one of the strongest characters in the game. Like you, I ignored him at first, because his red didn't do as much damage as Iron Man's. But as you level him up, he quickly gets more health than Iron Man, and his red gets cheaper to cast. Eventually he will be a staple in your roster. It's unfortunate that you sold his covers, but fear not, he's only a 2* so there's a chance you'll get more covers by using recruit tokens.

- Moonstone is indeed very attractive, but unfortunately she is quite a weak character. I wouldn't feel too badly about selling her covers. She won't be available in the campaign, but she is available in featured events and is also in the recruit tokens.

- ISO: playing through the campaign and in the events should get you quite a lot of ISO. The Lightning rounds that come up every week are great for this -- every time one starts, play all the easy fights you can. This takes only a few minutes every 2 hours and can net you 500-1000 iso each time, which adds up fast. The current hulk event will have tons of ISO too, but may be too hard for you.

- Your Iron Man is fine. 5/5/3 is the best build, but 5/3/5 isn't terrible. You'll eventually outgrow model 35 -- I haven't used mine in weeks.

- My advice is to keep every cover you find. Almost everyone has some use. You definitely want to keep anyone that is *** -- these are relatively rare and, once leveled up, are the most powerful characters in the game. This may mean you have to spend a bit of cash or be strategic about acquiring covers (don't open recruit tokens and don't play missions that give you new covers until you have enough hero points to buy a new slot), but in the long run it'll be worth it.

- Storm is fine with 4 red. You really want 5 green but the red and black powers are fairly interchangeable. Mine is 5/5/3 and she still gets regular use in my roster.

- I would not level modern Hawkeye unless you a good reason to. In fact, this is my advice for leveling in general: don't do it until you have a good reason to; i.e. an event where the character is buffed or a level you can't beat. There should be better characters to level than modern Hawkeye -- in your current roster, I'd level Storm and Juggernaut first.

- Juggernaut is quite strong. Yes, he is red/green like Storm, but his powers play very differently. In fact, I would consider playing him with Storm, using her green and his red. Iron Man is probably better for you right now, but Juggernaut is an effective replacement for Iron Man when you're low on health. Both have lots of health and have direct-damage red powers.

- Venom isn't bad, but he doesn't see much use. I wouldn't level him much.

Overall my general advice to you would be to continue leveling up Iron Man, Black Widow, and Storm; open some recruit tokens so you can level up their powers; then finish Venom and Oscorp. Once you're there, you should have a few 2* covers and will be able to effectively participate in the PvP events.

Good luck and have fun!
  • mischiefmaker, you deserve a medal for this. Can anyone please make this thing sticky?
  • Thank you for the advice! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm glad that my Iron Man and Storm are not completely screwed , i won't concern myself anymore about them.

I will follow your advice on leveling Iron Man, Storm, Modern Widow...and i wont waste anymore ISO on others.
    I may try to to invest a bit in Juggernaut perhaps, but nothing else.

Since my roster spots are limited to 9, and i don't have any Hero Points quest available (that i can do), should i sell any of my roster to make space for Classic Magneto? I won't have any covers for him ,but i guess he is a must keep... His cover will expire in 5 days, so perhaps it's to early to think about it.
  • You're quite welcome!

I would definitely make room for Magneto classic; many people consider a fully leveled Magneto the best character in the game. If you had to sell a cover to make room, I'd pick Hawkeye Classic, who is pretty easily the worst character in your roster. But 5 days is quite a bit of time -- if you play a lot, I'd guess you can level your characters to the point where you can play some of the missions giving hero points, and buy yourself a new roster spot or two so that you don't have to give anyone up.
  • Moonstone matches up poorly against Iron Man 35, Bullseye, Modern Storm, and Daken. Against everyone else she's basically a standard red character with the ability to convert 8 purple AP into 4 randomish AP + an extra move, which is one of the best use for purple AP in the game. Unfortunately in the PvE campaign you can pretty much always count on running into Bullseye or Daken, and these characters are fairly popular even in the PvP side. Against one of the characters she's weak against, consider subbing another standard red character (Wolverine/Thor/whatever) or a support character depending on how your team is comprised.

Juggernaut is awesome on defense, but not so much when you're using him.