Why You Shouldn't be Too Disappointed if you Don't get Hulk

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
First of all, no whinning allowed.

As the title of the topic says, most of us shouldn't be too upset if we don't place in the top 10k. Don't get me wrong, 10,000 people are going to be pretty happy that they got at least one cover for Hulk. But the top 40,000 are going to get at least 1 Original Black Widow cover. Now, if you can't get a Hulk because you don't have Punisher or because the Levels on these NPC's are too high for you to beat, its likely that OBW will benefit you way more than Hulk. You likely have a pretty low level team or are relatively new to the game. So you will be able to get more covers for OBW a lot faster then you will for Hulk. Which will help you eventually get your *** team. Actually OBW's abilities are pretty sweet. She makes all of your other characters better with her stealing abilities and gives you a free way to heal your team, saving you Health Packs and $$ in the long run. She is becoming one of my favorite characters. If I wasn't getting close to maxing her out already I'd be tempted to tank for the top 20k rewards instead of Hulk.
The point is if you are disappointed about not geing able to get ***covers, you probably aren't ready for or wouldn't know what to do with one if you had it. Just keep at it. You'll get there. (This is coming from someone who is just starting to get "there" himself)

Comments

• From looking through the index most 4/3 star covers don't stack up to max lvl 2 star for the most part the 2 stars are easier to get and max I saved all my tokens from the last event standard and gold and good 2s came a lot more than decent 3s and as stated above the widow cards are great starter cards sure hulk is fancy and punisher has cool powers but without additional covers they are just space fillers I will be content to wait for hulk if I have to
  • Plus I think people are forgetting that you're not gonna run a 1/1/1 in a pvp tourney.
  • Besides, people with like every max 3* will be bored and just be waiting for 1 more card at a time to be released so they can slowly acquire and / or pay to speed up the process and induce quicker boredom.

You beginners still have tons if stuff to acquire and lots to look forward to. Be grateful that you suck.
  • Funnily enough I dont have a punisher and my widow is one cover away from being finished so there goes that argument.

Btw im not going to be that worried about it If I miss out its more annoying that they didnt just sub him in in I would have liked to try him out.
  • Beowulf wrote:
    Funnily enough I dont have a punisher and my widow is one cover away from being finished so there goes that argument.

Btw im not going to be that worried about it If I miss out its more annoying that they didnt just sub him in in I would have liked to try him out.

Ok.... Well then you have my permission to be very disappointed. But only you! Got it?
  • You beginners still have tons if stuff to acquire and lots to look forward to. Be grateful that you suck.

To clarify, beginners don't suck, and Psykopathic loves you all very much icon_e_smile.gif Just like his name implies icon_e_wink.gif
  • someguy wrote:
    You beginners still have tons if stuff to acquire and lots to look forward to. Be grateful that you suck.

To clarify, beginners don't suck, and Psykopathic loves you all very much icon_e_smile.gif Just like his name implies icon_e_wink.gif

Hehe. He's right
  • Beowulf wrote:
    its more annoying that they didnt just sub him in in I would have liked to try him out.

Maybe we will icon_e_smile.gif who knows. He could turn on the the Oscorp goons near the end.
  • Although if you are on this forum and can't get top 10k you probably are doing something wrong....
  • What if you get in the top 300 and get X-Force Wolverine instead of the three hulk covers? That would be my nightmare.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    What if you get in the top 300 and get X-Force Wolverine instead of the three hulk covers? That would be my nightmare.

Look again, you get the hulk covers too.
  • the moose wrote:
    Beowulf wrote:
    Funnily enough I dont have a punisher and my widow is one cover away from being finished so there goes that argument.

Ok.... Well then you have my permission to be very disappointed. But only you! Got it?

Lol.If you insist...

I was disappointed when the tourney ended but now I just annoys me that I cant do the mission and I think thats whats bothering most people who missed out.

We all know a character with 1 cover is basically useless and I think alot of us know that they'll be handing out punisher and hulk covers like candy latter on ( I for instance have managed to win every new character bar the last two and as of today they're all maxed for covers).

Its more the principle than anything else.

Ps I was probably more disappointed that I got two captain americas for ky pack rewards lol.
  • a buffed lv150+ hulk in the event doesn't very impressive
    high cost but only decent damage green and red skills are not very useful, and high lv passive black skill also damage teammates.
    i still prefer rag + BWGS
  • Misguided wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    What if you get in the top 300 and get X-Force Wolverine instead of the three hulk covers? That would be my nightmare.

Whoah, I had no idea. I saw something about that in another thread but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Is this true for every other tournament as well?
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:

Whoah, I had no idea. I saw something about that in another thread but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Is this true for every other tournament as well?

The 3-star event does the same thing, so I'm guessing it's the new reward system from now on.
  • Well, that's awesome. It seems more fair to the person who gets in first as well.
  • From looking through the index most 4/3 star covers don't stack up to max lvl 2 star for the most part the 2 stars are easier to get and max I saved all my tokens from the last event standard and gold and good 2s came a lot more than decent 3s and as stated above the widow cards are great starter cards sure hulk is fancy and punisher has cool powers but without additional covers they are just space fillers I will be content to wait for hulk if I have to

Lol what? Please tell me what 2* cover is better than a 3*
  • I think he meant that a 1/1/1 Punisher is worth nothing compared to a 5/3/5 Wolvie as you will pull his covers more often.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Badman82 wrote:
    From looking through the index most 4/3 star covers don't stack up to max lvl 2 star for the most part the 2 stars are easier to get and max I saved all my tokens from the last event standard and gold and good 2s came a lot more than decent 3s and as stated above the widow cards are great starter cards sure hulk is fancy and punisher has cool powers but without additional covers they are just space fillers I will be content to wait for hulk if I have to

Thor, wolvie, maybe even c storm are better than like Loki or hood or im40 and the like
  • Spoit wrote:
    Badman82 wrote:
    From looking through the index most 4/3 star covers don't stack up to max lvl 2 star for the most part the 2 stars are easier to get and max I saved all my tokens from the last event standard and gold and good 2s came a lot more than decent 3s and as stated above the widow cards are great starter cards sure hulk is fancy and punisher has cool powers but without additional covers they are just space fillers I will be content to wait for hulk if I have to

Thor, wolvie, maybe even c storm are better than like Loki or hood or im40 and the like

You're nuts if you think that. Loki does suck so ill give you that one but otherwise you're just messing with me right?