Only Four opponents in Pvp

Options
Jasonzakibe
Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Last night I spent a couple hundred Iso skipping through the same exact four matchups in PVP. I was at about 600 points, so not so high that there weren't enough opponents. None from my actual bracket. Matchups should be exclusive to your bracket. How is it even pvp if I can't compete against the people I'm up against?

Comments

• Last night I spent a couple hundred Iso skipping through the same exact four matchups in PVP. I was at about 600 points, so not so high that there weren't enough opponents. None from my actual bracket. Matchups should be exclusive to your bracket. How is it even pvp if I can't compete against the people I'm up against?

Hey look, a problem that's been around for the entire life of the game that still hasn't been acknowledged or addressed!

Instead we get very important "features" like team up tiles and "true healing" and let's not forget the all important change to the shape of the critical tile. Thanks D3!
  • I think this may happen when you have a bad data connection. Try closing and re-opening the game if you notice repeats in your skip-queue. That's worked for me in the past.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If matchups were exclusive to your bracket, that would be actually very bad once you got to the top end. You would only get 15-20 points for every sucessful fight. Not only that, but since everyone in your bracket has to climb up, you would basically need to enter significantly behind everyone else to see real "Rating Rward" bonuses. It would suck.

I agree - it sucks that you keep seeing the same four people, but drawing your opponents from only your own bracket isn't a good solution. That would drastically increase the fights in any PVP. It may well be a connection issue - the game has a weird relationship with its servers. While it requires a connection, at certain times it does weird things in PVP if it doesn't have a great one.