Any EU players Finish top 150 in Venom Heroic PvE

Options
KingDon
KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Good Afternoon fellow Forum users

Much like many of you I have been playing the latest PvE (Heroic Venom) with the goal of a top 150 finish and a new Beast cover (which will be one of the, if not THE required character on the next PvE (man I really hate the PvE's where there is only 1 required character))

However like many of you, I went to bed in he top 30 (only 1000 pts off of top 10) but found that every morning I had dropped down from between 20th and 30th to between 200th and 300th (I finished 250th overall)

What I am looking to find is how many EU/ROW players had this same experience and how many managed to cling onto a top 150 and get a Beast (not including alliance cover rewards) and how many left the game top 150 and woke up to find that they had missed out

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pushed to top 50ish at night, woke up 50 mins before end, and could only finish 30th.
    So to get into top10, should wake up at 4am
  • I finished 36th - my end time was 6am.
    Went to bed earlier at around 5. So basically no sleep = top 10 placement icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty much the same story, with 2hrs left I was #22. Woke up with 60mins to go I was #106. I COULD let it slide & hope that I'm still within #150, however I didn't take that chance & played for the last half hour to reach #45.

Ultimately, no matter how high you're ranked, if you call it a night, it's almost guaranteed you'll drop off the minimal requirement for the new reward.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went to bed about 11ish in 23rd. Woke up thanks to my six month old crying about an hour from the end, in mid 200s so had the chance to grind like a mother to get top 150. And even then it was pretty close.

This was my first Heroic and while I'd heard about rubberbanding, I hadn't really seen it in action in the PVEs I've played. Never again.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ground all nodes every 2.5 hrs in the last day.. went to bed at 50 k 5 hrs before finish in first after my 5th pass of the day (rescue MJ at 270) .. woken up 4 hrs later at #300..ground all nodes in the last hour to finish 5th.. fortunately rb was strong in this one.. Anyway, you can think over it as along as you want, if you dont participate in the last hour of the event, you will not crack top 50, EU players or not...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grinded up to 39 before bed, woke up 160th, finished 44th.
    Business as usual.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was at about 25th when I went to bed at 11pm, baby woke me up at 4am and I was down in 250th or so. After settling baby I pushed back up to about 55th - frankly no-one who wasn't grinding two hours from the end had any chance at Beast
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    you need to go to bed at midnight and do two circles, and then wake up at 05.00 am., and gring till 06.00 am.
    EVERY main PVE ends at 06.00 am.
    We dont have other choice - we as europoeans are 2nd class citizens for D3...
  • i got top 10 joined around 7pm on day 2 and hit nearly every refresh from 7am-9pm on all days finished with 50k+ got my 3 beasts best score ive had so far on this game but i agree eu players are screwed when it comes to finishing times. just a good job im awake at that time of night
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Consistently ended each day of the event within top 10, only to return to the game with my placement dropped to top 300 on the next afternoon.
    On the final leg of the event, with just about 6hrs left on the counter I closed out while hanging in 4th position. Over the night that dropped to #225.

OVER 200 rankings down within the span of 6 hours? That just means your scoring system is complete and utter ****.

Pissed as [censored] hell.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...adding to it where you keep getting 20 iso's...
  • I entered PvE with only 12 hours left. In total I did 3 refreshes of ALL nodes. Last one I completed around 2am I think then I went to bed and didn't get up until my normal waking time. I managed 116th and got myself one cover. Also got ALL progression rewards so that worked out great.

If you enter early then you're in a bracket with all the crazies that's for sure. In the past I've been one of them and woken up at 4am just to grind.
  • Why do these kind of pve last over 3 and a half days? It's basically a lightning round.

No fun at all to play the first 35 hours.
  • Several Europeans in our alliance won their bracket.

It's a matter of adjusting your sleep schedule occasionally if it means much to you. I live in the US and sometimes I have had to wake up middle of the night for stuff. Obviously it's harder if you live in Europe. It it worse to have to stay up and grind to 1am or to wake up early - say 5am, make your morning coffee and grind? It's all preference and it's always the wrong time for someone.

The only way to really fix "PVE" is to make 100% of its rewards progression and allow players to play whenever they want in their own time. Each sub could unlock upon reaching a certain point tier. You wouldn't have to try and game the system by rubber banding past everyone in the final 90 minute, nor would you have to hit every node ever 2.5 or so hours.

We don't need every aspect of the game to be pvp so maybe a tweak to pve would be nice.
  • Server based refresh time + no rubberband would allow all PvE events to not depend on timezones. Let's say all missions always refresh at noon/midnight PST, then someone who did all their missions 1 second after midnight will have the same score as someone who did all their missions 1 second before noon. I guess one concern is that you might have too many ties, but Thunderbolt Mountains sub in Prodigal Sun worked roughly like this (no rubberband, and was still on 12H refresh schedule) and there sure was a huge difference in the sub scores even though everyone technically could've done every mission.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While I think it sucks for everyone in the EU to have to change their sleep patterns in order to place well I have to wonder why you would even bother? It's a game right? That you voluntarily play? So if the system is set against you and you're sick of it stop playing. I understand that it sucks, I'm guessing most of you actually like the game in some form to alter your sleep schedule to play, but in the end we all know D3 isn't going to change tinykitty all. So probably best to find something else you enjoy that doesn't punish you for where you live.
  • Most people on the east coast in the US don't want to stay up until 1AM either but if we enjoy the game - that's what we do

If you live in California then yes you probably have it best
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    In order to do well in this game you will lose a quantity of sleep. For a long PVE that means grinding ever 2.5 hours, for this short no sub event that means playing the last hour and a half. Period.

EU players get the shaft end, but under the basic system that isnt really avoidable, and I have to imagine a majority of their players are in US time zones or things would be different.

The only way to avoid end times mattering is to significantly reduce or remove rubberbanding, but that only further encourages losing sleep throughout the week.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I placed #11. Venom Heroic ended 7am for me so I grinded to top5 at midnight in my time zone, slept 6hrs and grinded back to the top from #300ish during the last hour. Not fun, but doable. My only regret is I joined this event the very first day. Should've done it probably 20h before end or so. That would have saved me lots of unnecessary grinding.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe every EU player in S.H.I.E.L.D finished top 150.
    Perhaps even top 10.