Doom / Punisher

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Has anyone tried?

My Punisher is still only in the 50s but my Doom is in really dire shape (like 20 or something).

I still can't decide whether these two guys are at odds with each other or secretly best buddies.

At a glance, it seems like Punisher's black just totally outclasses Doom's. Then again, it's tied to a countdown tile, and it's well-documented how bad those can suck.

Doom otherwise has a battery-type ability in his blue that can generate more black on the board.

Thoughts from high-level Doom players??

Comments

• Even thought I am not a high level doom. (I manage to get all black, zero blue icon_cry.gif )

I also have the same thought of you - teaming them up together. The reason being DD blue is the main reason they are likely a great pair together.
    Since Punisher's Black is not target on Red, while Doom is only red. I do feel they should be match nicely with both increase their attack strike. (DD's Black and Punisher Black add up)

Gd thing abt doom is that his blue required only 9ap, which is a great skill if there's alot of blue tiles. My understand is that the 3rd players should have a blue tiles as well so that there's a high chances of having lots of blues tiles within the boards.
    this is based on what I do on my characters selection. Having same range of color ability - will have higher chances to get similar tiles. Hope this help. icon_e_smile.gif
  • If I get what you are saying right: use Doom/Blue to change blue to black and collect it (cascading in the best case) to fuel Punisher/Black? Plan got some weaknesses. Mostly the fact that if you collect blue over a minimum of 3 turns (cost is 9 afaik) there won't be that many blues on the board. And 3 turns are quite a long time. What if the enemy team has a high level Thor that collects 2*3 red and 1*3 yellow? You know where that can lead...
    So yeah, cool idea. But only in the vacuum of a forgiving meta with long games. Personally, I would lovelovelovelove to combine Doom/Wolv/Pun. Attack tiles are affected by strike tiles. During lightning rounds I had my midlevel Doom (and some strike tiles) hit for way over 350 PER TILE per turn. I lol'd. Then the AI collected 4 red. Consisting of 2 strike and 2 attack tiles. And I became a sad, sad, sad panda.
  • They work well with **magneto. My punisher is low lvl (20) but. I can already see the possible synergy despite that. I don't use the punisher for anything NOW but running the team (simply for interest reasons) the blacks work well with eachother so the team's goal is to get an insane amount of black. Mag's purple makes blue. Doom's blue turns blue into black. So you get 9 purple (1 turn with boosts). If you have 9 blue, awesome, if you have 3..wait till you have 6+. If you have 6, then do the next part but create one 3 match of blue first.

Now lime up the blues (using mag's purple) so that black on blue on traded off on the board in such a way that there are no 3+ matches but that when turned to black there will be. Use doom's blue. If done right you should now have at minimum about 15 black and more ap from cascades. I've ended up with 20+ black regularly and sometimes even maxed to 30 from doing this. Now burn any green punisher moves you may still have. Now, depending on the # of red tiles on the board AMD their position, determine how many doom summons and how many Molotovs you want to use. Due to my lvl of punisher I tend go mostly doom but at max lvl each it would probably be 1 doom and the rest Molotov. Let's say you ended with 26 black. That is 2 Molotov and 1 doom. On turn 2 if you boosted. You have covered most of the red to counter dakan/wolvie and you have 2 Molotov on the board. Now you get to make your match (likely with at min 1 punisher green's strike tile damage added.

There are probably safer/better combinations..but its certainly fun to use. Also, since the team doesn't use red really...you will be able to kill off guys with punisher's red after their hp drops via the tiles.