Question on PVP point loss

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I can't understand this guy's actions so I thought I'd ask here. When you get the "you were attacked" message and it says -10 points, is that how many points the opponent gained? B/c Fontana is getting 10 points off me and I retaliate for 34. This is his 3rd attack in over an hour and I see no reason not to retal and get free points.

Is there some hidden benefit I don't understand for point loss/gain? He's got over 700 points in No Holds Barred, so presumably he should know what he's doing.

Comments

• You're right. Keep retaliating, at least as long as you are getting 30+ points.
  • Riggy wrote:
    He's got over 700 points in No Holds Barred, so presumably he should know what he's doing.

Could be a tactic to lower his points. Not everyone wants to be "first". And from what I've heard there are ways to tank your MMR.
  • The only thing to consider is that he may be going for a higher tier progression reward and you may be one of the only target's available to him for any points. I usually try to lay off a guy who is obviously trying for a particular reward until after his attacks stop. Just a courtesy to help out a fellow MPQer. Unless of course I am in the middle of a grind for progression myself, but even still I sometimes pass up a good target if i see he is at 1079 points just so as not to rob him of his prize.
  • I wish when I was at 1090 I didn't lose 40-45 points a match. Sometimes 150 points or so within a minute. Darn u mpq !!
    Also getting to this 1300 Spider-Man seems completely impossible for me even though I can grind for 4/6 hours straight without losing a match I will still barely scrape to 1100. How do people manage that ****? Lol
  • That is a question I often ask myself. Would like to see some statistics. But the communists kidnapped our Ice.....

j/k