Do the 20 ISO non-rewards have to be in the game?

Options
Do they add any chance you'll get revenue from someone? Do they add to anybody's enjoyment?

I'd like it if they were just taken out, maybe have the first four rewards be the proper ones and then let people continue replaying a mission as many times as they want for a measly 20 ISO.

Please remove this kick-in-the-crotch booby prize on missions.

Comments

• +1

A joke reward just kills motivation
  • I think it's just there to not get the rewards too easily. I prefer the thinking that there is 50% chance of getting a reward and 50% of getting nothing. then the 20 Iso are a nice extra icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I also want to say i agree with first getting all 4 rewards! No need to repeat missions, because there are already a ton of things to do in this game!!
  • Maybe they can be shown immediately? Especially when you know you will get 20 iso it is annoying to click on "new reward", see the animation and then click on accept (or whatever it says in english, as I play the german version). icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Please get rid of these, they are just frustrating.
    Ideally you would indeed get all the available rewards first. Replaying a mission 4 times is already taking a long time, no need to draw it out even more.
    If you get 3 or 4 20 Iso rewards in a row, you're ready to throw your phone against the wall or at least uninstall the game so you don't destroy your phone one day.
    Heck, even a "sorry, you didn't get a reward" screen would be better than this. 20 Iso is just mocking us with the "New Reward!" screen.
    At the very least up the consolation price to 50 Iso but even that amount becomes miniscule for the time invested soon. Of course you could go back to early missions with a lvl 50+ team and clear them fast but please don't balance early game around that.
    It's too easy to get stuck early on where any mission with worthy rewards is hard enough to damage your team so you can't play again for 30-60 minutes, getting 20 Iso for that is again, frustrating. Have I mentioned how frustrating the 20 Iso thing is? I got so many bad streaks with them. I would definitely rate the game up from 3 to 4 stars on google play if you get rid of it.
  • Instead of getting 20 iso after first reward, to earn a second reward you should be required to complete the mission another 2 times, for a third reward an additional 2 times and so on. This way you will have to repeat missions numerous times but at least there s some sort of consistency without being too easy to earn.
  • I think it's fine the way it is personally. They can't just toss out ISO left and right. When I'm bored, I go farm the storyline missions for 20 ISO each and the possibility of bonuses. If they increased the amount to like 100 minimum or something, that would undermine the value of the ISO. I also disagree with the proposition of making it predictable, where every 2 playthroughs you know you're going to get one of the four rewards. The randomness is what makes it fun.

I do sometimes get annoyed when hoping for a recruit token or 500 ISO reward, I instead end up with 3 Hammer bonuses and 200 ISO earned 20 at a time. icon_lol.gif But it's not annoying enough for me personally to want it changed. I also wouldn't be in an uproar if it was changed though either.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be nice if it were more randomized - for example, getting anywhere from 10-75 ISO, or (uncommonly) even 1-5 HP (perhaps once per mission). Nothing that any sane person would bet on to accrue currency, but a potentially slightly pleasant surprise if you failed for the fourth time in a row trying to get that last elusive reward on a mission.
  • How about 70 ISO instead
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any significant change might upset the rate of character development, but maybe they could add a small chance of a better prize. e.g., the "non-reward" is 20 ISo 95% of the time, and a standard token 5% of the time...
  • How about 50 Iso and only on non-trivial fights so it can't be easily farmed. Although the trivial to deadly rating is pretty wonky in this game too.
    There are so many events that it's hard to just keep up with them so I hardly ever see the 20 Iso thing any more but if it happens, it's still so frustrating. Again, I'd feel better if there was nothing instead. You're playing with our Feels.
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    The worst part of this game hands down.