PvE node rewards should be repeatable

Options
babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Problem:
There are 3 days and 3 hours remaining in the Venom:Heroic and I've got nothing left to look forward to except mindless grinding for event rewards. This is even a problem with normal PvE subs as grinding for 20 ISO rewards repeatedly is a chore. Please make this process feel a bit more interesting to the player if we are expected to grind these nodes repeatedly to begin with.

Solution:
Extend PvE node rewards beyond the static 4 options. This could be implemented a number of ways based on what feels most balanced. Below are a couple of options...

Option 1:
After all 4 node rewards are obtained the rewards refresh giving us a shot at all 4 of them again.

Option 2:
Node rewards are returned gradually over the course of the event and coincide with enemy level gains. This prevents potential farming abuse. For example, they refresh every 2 hours.

Option 3:
Only the bottom 3 rewards refresh upon node completion. The big 500 ISO and 200 ISO rewards are permanently used up the first time to avoid abuse/unwanted reward progression.

Option 4:
Any of the above ideas but ONLY applied to Essential Nodes/high difficulty nodes to once again prevent abuse/unwanted reward progression.

Comments

• I agree. We need to clear nodes over and over again, while scaling becomes higher and higher, but we get nothing in return.

PvPs became more competitive because the reward structure was improved. PvEs could be the same, and everyone could be happy.

Besides, players who can't rank high in PvPs could grind Iso in PvEs.
  • Doesn't that just increases the amount of grinding in the game?
  • Having the rewards reset would suck for someone who has all but the 500 iso 8 reward left and now has to go back to the 1 in 8 chance of getting 500 iso (50% chance to get something, 25% to get the 500).
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Having the rewards reset would suck for someone who has all but the 500 iso 8 reward left and now has to go back to the 1 in 8 chance of getting 500 iso (50% chance to get something, 25% to get the 500).

On the first clear, you have a 25% chance.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While sounding great in theory, I believe the chances of this would be slim, at least with repeating ISO rewards. Some of you might remember that PVE used to come with a first time completion ISO reward for each node, which was removed to balance the amount of ISO being injected into the game what with the PVP changes. I think repeatable rewards, again at least the ISO ones, would most likely fall into the same category as increasing the ISO injection rate beyond what they want.

Having said all that, it is indeed disheartening to just repeat the same static nodes over and over again just to get your 20 ISO each time.
  • I don't even look at the rewards as I click through them, I just open a pile of recruit tokens whevever it catches my eye and count my ISO after the event is over. 20 and 500 look the same to me. It's all about the end result rewards. Top 10 finish is 3,000 ISO, top 51 is 1,500. There's 3 500 iso rewards you will never see if you aren't taking your 20 ISOs when you can. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I do miss first time clear bonuses tho. Would love to see those come back.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I agree. We need to clear nodes over and over again, while scaling becomes higher and higher, but we get nothing in return.

PvPs became more competitive because the reward structure was improved. PvEs could be the same, and everyone could be happy.

Players that can't rank high in PvP more often than not cannot rank high because they are outright missing the essential 3* covers. The same 3* covers they have no shot at earning in PvP and solely have a chance at winning in repeat runs of PvE events. Can we please leave an avenue of progress open to those players and not bring the cutthroat-competition that PvP is rife with, over to PvE as well? Thank you!
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I agree. We need to clear nodes over and over again, while scaling becomes higher and higher, but we get nothing in return.

Players that can't rank high in PvP more often than not cannot rank high because they are outright missing the essential 3* covers. The same 3* covers they have no shot at earning in PvP and solely have a chance at winning in repeat runs of PvE events. Can we please leave an avenue of progress open to those players and not bring the cutthroat-competition that PvP is rife with, over to PvE as well? Thank you!

But the key 3* covers are rewarded randomly in PvP which means not doing well in the events that don't reward those covers shouldn't even matter. How is doing well in Balance of Power for She-Hulk covers going to have any effect on feature PvP games? Currently there are probably 5 3* worth getting in terms of making your roster stronger for PvP, so why should you care if you never had a chance at winning when the reward isn't one of those 5 guys? If you're really only concerned with progression, save up your HP for the events where the powerhouses are the reward, or maybe even just upgrade your covers at 1250 HP each. I spent 2500 HP on Sentry/Falcon, and 7500 on Nick Fury, and that's all from HP earned in game. Not all HP expenditure turned out to be a good idea (like the 2500 HP I spent on Rage of the Panther and then immediately pulled 2 black covers) but if you're not wasting HP to compete on PvP events that don't matter, it builds up pretty quickly.