strategies you used to employ that no longer work

Options
Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I used retreating with a tank team to tank 3-4 times every PvP when they were five days long and we didn't have shields yet.

I would just throw my tank team in before I went to bed. brought me down from 5-600 to 200, & I would climb back up the next day in about an hour.

my MMR was freaking amazing.

Comments

• Playing casually.
  • 1) used to bank on the first time bonus iso during pves;
    2) used to sleep a full night during pve events ( actually I still do but threw it out there for those crazy grinders); and
    3) I used to turn on the game excited for the next event and jump right in, now I have to find the motivation to even grind to 800 points;
    4) used to join brackets in last hour and win them with 600+ points. Alliances changed that behavior icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Playing casually.

Jesus Christ this is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen

I'm not kidding, it's so simple but works so well
  • Transitioned from 2* to 3* on the back of Spider Man's stun, now he has arguably the worst stun in the game.

Ending matches at or near full health and playing for long blocks.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    using Anti-Gravity Device
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    using Anti-Gravity Device
    Yeah the victory lap AGD was something I abused heavily - no need to go prologue healing if you never end a fight damaged icon_e_wink.gif
  • Using 1* storm in the desert or jungle
  • Sleeping through the night. Served me well for about 37 years until I started playing PvE in this game.
  • Not tanking. It's become an absolute necessity now.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Web stunning my way to victory...
  • putting in a dummy team to trigger C. Storms yellow every time
  • I used to sleep 8 hours a day.
  • I used to sleep and have normal times, but since all this freaking rubber banding in the middle of the night is there I do not sleep. And as pvp now people go normally above 1300, so instead of maybe 1 hour per day I play maybe 3. So sleeping is an strategy I gave up, not working any more
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used to hope any significant progress in new game play modes and features would be made. icon_e_sad.gif Atleast i have the X-Force buff to look forward to. icon_e_wink.gif
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    Options
    Been playing 94 days. I've only just started having strategies.
  • I used to play with someone other than Sentry/Hood.

I no longer do that. icon_lol.gif
  • mstorm-obw-bullseye in the forest.

Infinite turns with shields and heals and steals with a side of murder. Did I mention the murder?
  • Ragnarok .
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do miss the days where you could do a pretty much infinite push with Thor/Ares/Wolverine and OBW. You'd need only the occassional health pack for when you screwed up a bit.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having to gind the last hour of PVP to get a top 50 placement before shields were around.
    Intentionally finishing PVP above 50 so I could get three 2* covers.