Optimizing for Mobile (CPU and Battery)

Recently MPQ has become unstable to play on my mobile (Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 5). The animations are choppy and the app crashes from time to time. I have nothing eklse running on my phone besides system and background services and yet it still does not run well. I concede that my phones are not cutting edge -but 3D physics games run smotther than MPQ (a match three game). This seems odd to me.

Looking at the settings within my phones it appears that MPQ is quite resource heavy. Is there anything that could be done to make the app more efficient?

Just a thought.

PS: I anticipate the flaming regarding restarting or reinstalling. Having apps run in the background etc. I am savvy and tried everything. MPQ just seems overly bloated for a match 3 mechanic.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha! I know what you mean. Before the updates locked it out, I had a 2nd profile on my iPad (gen 1), and OMG it was crazy how slow it was. A single cascade could take almost a minute, god help me when I used Lighting Strike or Mistress of Elements.
  • Indeed.

Even worse is the fact that I miss what happens in game because it completely freezes during the animation - then resumes after the process is run. This seems to be prolific with TUps - I'll get smacked hard by something and not even know what it was...

Claiming rewards is also incredibly chuggy.

I make a presumtion that if the game can be optimized a little then the CPU impact would lessen and so would the battery sapping effect.

For comparison I can play Might and Magic Clash of Heroes on the same device as smooth as butter.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Of all the devices I use to play MPQ, my Nexus 7 is the best. It is a dedicated MPQ device, nothing else runs on it EVER. That said, it has gotten much worse in the last three updates. Every other device I own (I own too many electronic devices, I'm an unapologetic early adopter and tech hoarder) can barely load the game let alone deal with a Sentry vs Ms Marvel match in under 10 minutes.