24308 Alliances for Season V...why not expand the awards?

Options
I just looked at the Season V rankings and saw that there are currently 24308 alliances in MPQ. Of these alliances, only the TOP 100 get cover rewards at the end.

In other words only (100/24308) x 100% = 0.4% of alliances get a cover reward for most PVP/PVE events. As a result, the season competition turns into a really brutal and endless grind. The last PVP (Army of One) had one of the worst characters in the game, Daredevil , as a reward, and the top scores were in the 1700 range. Seriously, why not expand the rewards to top 200 at this point? More and more people are forming alliances and playing this game.

6532416197_022a29c2b2_z.jpg

Why not give more love to the 99.6% of alliances out there?

Comments

• Yeah there are 24,000 alliances - but are there really more than 2,000 people who actually give a tinykitty about an extra cover?

I say no. Good day, sir.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There are 24,308 (and more every day). However, not all alliances are equal. Why not join a fun alliance with a chance at being near the top? DjangoUnbuffed has an opening for one new member. Become a member today, be a legend tomorrow.

What? If we do not fill the spot, an alliance reward will go to waste. Apparently, these things are a lot rarer than I thought.

More on the topic, I am for more than expanding the rewards. I still think the alliance rewards should be large amounts of iso and HP (purple and gold loot are the best). I also agree since the number of alliances has grown since seasons started, it is only logical to expand the reward tiers (please, I beg of you, please, do not start sharding alliances into brackets).
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where is the fun in being surrounded by the sane?

It's a crazy world, fear the normal.
  • Does any one remember how many alliances there were for season 1?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not sure alliance rewards need to be expanded. As much fun as it might be to have rewards just handed to me I don't think top 100 is that far out of reach. That might be easy to say consistently being in the top 0.4% but I really don't think an alliance has to score that high to get there. Just using the op's example of army of one we finished 53rd with a score of 12937. That averages out to only 647 points over our 20 members. That should easily be attainable with even a 2* roster. If anything I'd rather see alliance members be allowed to pool hp to buy another slot than put the burden on one player.

There is mention of individual scores soaring which makes it more difficult for top solo rewards but my guess is that most of those players are all grouped into relatively few alliances leaving enough room for more casual alliances at the top 100.
  • It's difficult to tell how many people are in these alliances and for all we know half of those alliances can be dead, but if the game is really expanding then it'd make a lot of sense to expand the alliance rewards too.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think that Top150 would have been a wise change!
  • I've kept track of the alliance pool since mid July. It's consistently been between 22k to 29k. I was in a pretty dead alliance for most of that time and alliance ranked from 1000 to 4000 -- and I was 30 to 50% of my alliance's total score in events. This suggests to me that the bottom 75%-95% of alliances have three or less, what I'll call "active", players (e.g. 400-700 PVP scores, etc.) totaling to about 5000 what I'll term, contending, alliances, on average.

I wouldn't be against broadening the awards tiering though. One thing seems clear: Incentivizing alliance building would be a good thing.
  • I would be interested in how many 20 roster alliances there are. That is a lot more meaningful number.
  • This is what the future will hold:
      1. X-Men 2. X men 2 3. X-Men 3 4. X-Men 4 5. X-Men 5 6. X-Men 6 7. X-Men 7 And so on