Stop allowing people to change PVP name

Why are players allowed to change PVP name? Allowing players to change PVP name makes it difficult to keep track of rivals. Some appear to have changed PVP name more than once.

Comments

• You might just be running into people with multiple accounts.
  • daibar wrote:
    You might just be running into people with multiple accounts.

Players are changing their PVP names. They contact CS, get them to change PVP name.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    People are changing their names to directly insult other PEOPLE. I emphasize that word because there is a difference between in-game rivalry and insulting the user at the other end of the game. Its fine to have a healthy rivalry, but it is not fine to cross the line and attack people directly through name-changes.

CS would not allow a player to change their name to "D3_performs_fellatio" but they are willing to subject players to similar insults at the hands of their in-game "rivals."
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Examples? I've not yet seen personally-targeted names, and I can't imagine d3 CS saying, "Hey, you want to be called 'Django'sMomSaysMooTrebek?' That sounds great, I'll be right on it."
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I sent a PM. I don't want to perpetuate the topic here.
  • They actually let you change your name? Maybe I can get my capital P back since I forgot to hit shift when I entered my name.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Cragger, thanks for the message. I agree, people can be dumb and petty.