Comm Link Disrupted Issue

Options
I got this issue 2 days ago and managed to find what caused it and a way to fix it.
As i frequently see people still getting the issue i hope it will help.

Issue description :
Starting the app/game you get to the loading screen.
The game load until a variable percentage (less than 100%) then start over then display an error message "Comm Link Disrupted ..."

My explanation :
The game have no launcher to update itself so the updating is embedded in the game loading.
For an unknown reason when the update download take too long the download stop and send you the error message "Comm Link Disrupted ...".
The actual time may be based on a fixed value or an estimation of your download speed over data size that may be wrong because of other parallel download or unstable bandwidth (wifi/3g).
I'm not sure about what happens then, maybe the game try to download over and over following the same rule and then fail many times (some people had it working just by waiting on the error screen)

My fix :
Find a way to get a better bandwidth, could be using a good public wifi or stopping any parallel download or downloading an up to date version of the game to avoid the updating process (always make backup if you manipulate game files).
As i was limiting my bandwidth when i had the issue i just had to pause other download and launch the game again.

The bug itself :
This may be a code issue where devs tried to add security against any hacker messing with game files by monitoring the update process, could also be a network issue with connection config (keep-alive ?)

I hope my English will not be to hard to understand.
Whatever i hope this will help icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• I am having the same issue. I've gone from a 2Mbps connection to a 1Mbps connection, but that seems to be enough to make it impossible for me to launch the game. I get to about 80% each time before it seems to time out and go into its 'Comm Link Disrupted' mode. This is really frustrating.
  • Same.
    Nothing wrong with my connection otherwise. icon_cry.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it's really touchy with my wi-fi, if I go to the other side of the house, I need to turn off wi fi altogether and use cell data, even if it;s at only 1 bar
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    This is also causing a huge problem for me. Up until last week, I'd have this problem but very rarely. With no change to my home internet or mobile speeds, I've only been able to load the game once in the past week.

SUPER annoying.
  • I'm having this issue still. My net is fine but this bug has broken the game for me. Guess I'll wait for an update.