ISO for deleted TU

Just like we can sell cards that aren't needed for ISO, it would be great to get ISO for Team Ups that aren't needed too.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they did this, a lot of players would just treat all TUs as an ISO bonus. Average ISO gain would increase, and the developers would look for other places to tamp it back down to their intended rate. People relying on TUs in gameplay rather than as ISO bonuses would then suffer as their ISO gain drops.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like as long as it's not a lot of ISO, it wouldn't dramatically impact anyone's ISO intake. Just as a base metric, we'll say the base level of the Team-Up was equivalent to the amount of ISO you would receive (i.e. a level 166 Team-Up would reward 166 ISO) - at this rate, even if you received 30 Team-Ups you wished to discard in a day, you'd net yourself just under 5000 ISO. It sounds like a lot, but I feel like it's pretty negligible, considering how much you actually need to do anything relevant.

The only problem I would see with this type of metric is we might see people grinding, say, the Ragnarok node in the Campaign for ISO, but even then, I don't see it being *that* bad, mostly because even if you managed to get 30 of them in one sitting, we can assume it'll take you at least three minutes a round, so that's an hour and a half, and likely at least half your health packs. I don't think people would do it. That'd end up at 4200 ISO over 90 minutes - granted that's about 50 ISO a minute, I don't think anyone would be willing to risk their Health Packs for it, when they could climb in an event and get something similar from the amounting of Progression Rewards, random covers, and reward ISO. Even if people did, it would still eat Health Packs, so it would still be a give and take - either they don't participate in the event, which is unlikely, or they buy Health Packs (or do poorly in the event for that period of time).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, given the amount of ISO you get as rewards for winning garbage fights in the PvP modes, I don't see this as a game-breaker. Plus it would help take the edge off grinding a PvE node five or six times in a row and getting nothing but the 20 ISO "reward" each time.
  • I didn't intend that we should get a LOT of ISO for Team Ups. Honestly, even if it's only 100 ISO for each TU that's discarded, that would be fine.
  • 100 is ridiculous considering single star covers are 100. I couldn't see it being more than 1/10 of the level of the team-up, and even then players would farm easy nodes for iso. Overall, I don't see how it would be worth it for d3.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even a flat 10 ISO sale rate would kick up average ISO per fight a tick and change how people view TU value.

Here's an idea though: TeamUp crafting! Add two low value TUs of the same skill to get a stronger one! Maybe add the covers and levels together but give it a chance of failing as the total value increases. For extra fun, give them a tiny chance of turning into a cover instead of a TU.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not a bad idea, but I doubt the devs would go for it. I could just sell all my TUs, then request more from my alliance, then sale those. Something like that would be too easy to take advantage of unless they sold for 5 or 10 iso, and you could NOT sell TU from alliance members. Then it would work great.

JJ
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My vote would be for 10-20 iso for a team up and you can't get ISO from an alliance TU. I keep loading TU while fighting that I never use. I would much rather get a little ISO instead.

Another option would be is if you had maxed TU when you win you earn an extra 10-20 ISO. This way you can't build ISO by selling TU from your alliance, and then players can be rewared for winning without using their TU.
  • Never gunna happen. After First time through completion bonuses went away the iso hammer fell, and it hasn't gone up from 100ish per match in a very very long time.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly for the uses of Team Ups, I'd figure 1-5 Iso would be more appropriate. 10 feels like a lot considering we are already getting 20 off dry nodes, 70+ for PvP nodes, and up to 1000 in some PvE nodes.

Don't get me wrong, I still need an absurd amount of Iso to level my whole roster. It was over $400 worth if I was buying it on sale last night, and with these two new Patch covers I needed, I'm sure that deficit has increased significantly despite taking most of the rewards in the last 2 subs, a few rounds of PvP, & rewards for the subs and the PvE.

Between catching the seed teams in Lightning rounds, those big juicy PvE nodes worth 1000 or so, and PvP events sometimes dropping 250 Iso in the form of a 2* cover I don't have room for, I think there are plenty of ways to earn Iso if you want it.
  • So you get an ISO reward per played game and now you want ISO for sold TU's which comes with almost every played game. D3 wants to sell ISO. Will not happen.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Herr-Tol wrote:
    So you get an ISO reward per played game and now you want ISO for sold TU's which comes with almost every played game. D3 wants to sell ISO. Will not happen.

If D3 wanted to sell Iso, they would sell it for a value that is reasonable. $99.00 will net you 78,000 Iso... not even enough to level a single character 3* character a fraction of the way to their max power. I'm not sure what the proper balance of price to Iso is, but I can assure you that it's currently an awful deal, going down to simply a bad deal when it's on sale.