Please update Heroic/Standard token mix!

Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I understand that there are concerns about further diluting the odds and figuring out the right solution, but continuing to wait is definitely not helping.

Look at the new title screen for R59. Captain Marvel, Deadpool, and Falcon. Two out of three of those characters are not even available in tokens right now!

Temporarily retire or lower odds for some well-established characters, or ones in need of rebalancing. Make two or more flavors of heroic tokens. Rotate the token odds weekly. Do what you need to do, but doing nothing is no longer a good solution!

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Falcon has been in tokens for ages. Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Fury and She-Hulk are not, admittedly.
  • Dayv
    locked wrote:
    Falcon has been in tokens for ages. Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Fury and She-Hulk are not, admittedly.
    Deadpool and Captain Marvel do, in fact, add up to 2, yes.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I'm sitting on 4 heroic ten packs and many other tokens waiting for that day to come icon_cry.gif
  • Here's an idea how about Standard Recruit Tokens you either get a level 15 or below, Heroic Recruit Tokens you get a level 15 or above, and Recruit Tokens that are won from the event you are playing nets you a gold recruit token. Really tired of getting the same characters over and over. Also I have characters maxed out and I consistently get those it would be nice to lessen the likely hood of that and increase the likely hood of the ones I need. Also side note if I keep getting garbage with the recruit tokens I win i.e. Heroic or Event Tokens what makes you think I'm going to give you my money to continue to get **** characters. Just a thought.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I agree that this really needs updated. How is it that she hulk isn't in there yet? Not that anyone really wants to use her but it would be nice if the newer covers became available in the heroic packs. I honestly don't understand why it's so hard to just put them into the odds. It seems like a very simple fix that will make the community happy.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I would be happy if I could simply exchange Standard Tokens for Heroic Tokens and who cares what's in the Tokens.

I am SO. ****. SICK. of pulling Venom, Venom, Yelena, Yelena, Venom, Yelena...

I actually CHEER if I pull mStorm or IM! It's horrible.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Yeah I always get moonstone and Ares as my heroic and event pulls. I will never spend HP on tokens because there is only a 0.7% chance of pulling the cover I want and then a 33% chance of getting the actual power I need. It's terrible! Those have to be the worst odds of any card type game I've played.
  • Dayv
    Still no new 3* characters in tokens. This is getting silly, D3. At this point you'd be better off adding the missing characters and diluting the odds a little more while you figure out a long term plan.
  • Dayv
    Oh hey look, another ten days, no update. And another 3* a few days from release.

How many characters will they have to add in one sweep when they update token odds? Will we all have bought new 2015 calendars yet?
  • It'll be up to five on Monday. The same number of characters in the Villain Lightning Rounds.
  • It's quite simple, lower the probability on the two stars that have been around forever. You'll still be likely to get them, so it won't hurt newer players, but in the long run, reward longer term players
  • I wish I had read this forum prior to burning my two heroic 10-packs with "BETTER CHANCE OF *** & **** CHARACTERS!"
    I got zero *** or **** characters which is consistent with the 0.7% chance listed in this thread.

Been winning one *** every pvp event, but gonna take the rest of my life to max any *** character at this rate.

D3, please take a serious look at the "better chance" to make it viable to use "heroic" tokens. If not, rotate *** covers as random drops in events after a certain point, say after a player passes 500 points in a pvp event there is a >=10% (not 0.7%) chance to win the hero of the hosted event.

With so many *** heroes coming out and no way to level any, how can the players feel progression in this game?
  • Vinz80
    Vinz80 Posts: 21
    A simple solution would be:
    Lower 4* chances from 0.8% to 0.6% (they should be harder to get than the 3*, not easier), that gives us a slack of 0.2% X 3 = 0.6%;
    Lower 2* chances from 7.2% to 7%, that gives us a slack of 0.2% X 11 = 2.2%;
    With a total of 2.2% + 0.6% = 2.8%, that gives us the space for 4 new 3* characters each at 0.7% chances.

ACTUAL
    NEW CHANGE
    0.8 X 3 = 2.4%
    0.6 X 3 = 1.8%
    0.7 X 18 = 12.6%
    0.7 X 22 = 15.4%
    0.5 X 3 = 1.5%
    0.5 X 3 = 1.5%
    7.2 X 11 = 79.2%
    7.0 X 11 = 77.0%
    4.8 X 1 = 4.8%
    4.8 X 1 = 4.8%
    TOT 100.5%
    TOT 100.5%

2* = 84%
    2* = 81.8%
    3* = 14.1%
    3* = 16.9%
    4* = 2.4%
    4* = 1.8%

ACTUAL 10/40 Pack
    NEW CHANGE 10/40 Pack
    1.0 X 3 = 3.0%
    0.8 X 3 = 2.4%
    0.9 X 18 = 16.2%
    0.9 X 22 = 19.8%
    0.6 X 3 = 1.8%
    0.6 X 3 = 1.8%
    6.8 X 11 = 74.8%
    6.5 X 11 = 71.5%
    4.5 X 1 = 4.5%
    4.5 X 1 = 4.5%
    TOT 100.3%
    TOT 100.0%

2* = 79.3%
    2* = 76.0%
    3* = 18.0%
    3* = 21.6%
    4* = 3.0%
    4* = 2.4%

The chances for a heroic token to get a 3* or 4* would pass from 16.5% to 18.7%, and in the 10/40 packs from 21.0% to 24%.
    Not much of a change for you D3P, but more than inspiring for us to know we have almost 1/4 of a chance rather than 1/5 if we spend our money on the packs.
    At the moment there are 6 new 3* characters, add just 4 (Beast, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, She-Hulk) due to their release date, the other 2 will be added when other 2 new characters are released.
  • Or an easier solution, create Heroic tokens and Villainous Tokens. Heroic tokens grant a chance for any hero in the game and Villainous tokens create a chance for any villain the game. Long term plan solved.