Instruction to Transfer Account to another phone

Options
Hi,

The recent updates made the game too slow to play on my old phone.
Can anyone provide clear step-by-step instructions on how to transfer my game progress to another phone?

I have tried following pieces of information I found on the forum but it's not working.

Thanks.

Comments

• Customer Support has been ignoring me.

I tried this but it's NOT working.

1- Backed up the game on the old phone to Facebook account.
    2. Installed MPQ on the new phone and tried to load the game from the same Facebook account.
    - Normally this would work, but the game on the new phone keeps overwriting the saved game on Facebook.
    3. Delete the app from Facebook and tried step 1 and 2 several times and same thing happens.
    4. Now I can't even back up my old game with the Facebook account. It keeps saying there is another game saved. Even after I deleted it from Facebook.

I think there is another copy of the game-data (from my new phone) saved somewhere that I need to search and destroy.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    earthbean wrote:
    but the game on the new phone keeps overwriting the saved game on Facebook.

Are you sure it is being overwriting or is that just the warning that pops up? The wording on the warning is poor, but it should mean that your local save will be overwritten by your cloud save.
  • I noticed the problem with the overwrite the first try, luckily I did not sync back to my old phone (doing so would have erased my game progress).
    Let me call this incorrect game progress the 'new game data'.

So I uninstalled the game on my new phone (made sure to clear data), remove MPQ app from my Facebook account, sync the old game to Facebook (the game message made me think it did). I would click the Facebook icon again to double check, the second time would say that there is already a game saved on this Facebook account. So some app data is there at Facebook.

When I re-install the game on my new phone and sync the game from the Facebook account, what showed up is the new game data instead of my old game progress. So, Facebook is not letting my old game to overwrite the new game data, even after I tried to remove MPQ app on Facebook. So I deduce there is a new game data stored somewhere that I am not aware of.
  • jojeda654
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing to sync your original game progress. But just to be clear, are you:

1. Logging out of Facebook on MPQ on both devices.
    2. Logging in to Facebook on a web browser.
    3. Going to account settings, then Apps
    4. Removing MPQ from "Logged in with Facebook"
    5. Logging in to Facebook on MPQ on the device with the original game progress.
    6. Logging in to Facebook on MPQ on your new device.

If you have taken these exact steps, then you will have to wait on a response from CS, as I cannot think of another way to solve this other that creating another FB account. If not, try it and let us know the results.
  • Hi,

I can log out of Facebook on the browser.
    But how do I log out of Facebook on MPQ ?

Thanks.
  • jojeda654
    Options
    So either I imagined a FB logout button, or it was removed. I'm leaning towards the former. icon_redface.gif
  • There is a Google+ logout button after you logged in.
    But the Facebook button still says "Save Backup Using Facebook".
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the mobile layout because I use a Windows Phone and MPQ isn't available on my platform, but I'll check on my girlfriend's iPhone when she gets home from work tonight and see if I can figure anything out.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    I looked at my girlfriend's iPhone and there is a cog symbol for the settings on the splash screen (contains Falcon, etc atm) and there is a checkbox that says "Backup to Facebook".
  • After a few rounds of emails with Tech Support, this is my conclusion.

1. Save back up to Facebook in the Options window. Try save it again to double check. If you get an error, your data/link is corrupted, email tech support to get it fixed.
    2. Re-install MPQ on your new device, play the game until you can play PvP and create a new user name. The new user name is an essential part of the transfer.
    3. Try save to Facebook on the new device. You should get a warning about an existing save on the Facebook account. Confirm loading the saved data.
    4. Restart the game to see if you get the correct data. If you don't, email tech support to get it fixed. Restarting the process probably won't help, because the data/link has already been corrupted.

Tech Support get me up and running in 6 days. Not too bad.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. Glad you got everything resolved, even if the process seems a little convoluted.