Propose New PvEs

I'm sure basically everyone in the forum community is finding the old story, heroic, old story, simulator, old story, heroic... pattern a little stale and everyone would love a new change of pace, especially with the dropping of Dark Reign. The devs (wherever they are) say they take the ideas here into consideration, so go ahead and post a few new stories you'd like to see. I'll start with one:

Asgard v. Olympus
Boosted: Both Thors, Loki, Ares, Rags
Premise: Ares shows up in Odin's throne-room with a message from his father, Zeus: there is only room for one family of gods on Midgard, and if either of his sons show their face down there again, it will mean war. Odin tells the two to stay put so he can talk it out peacefully with Zeus, but Loki teleports down against his father's wishes, disguises Ragnarok as Thor with illusions, and controls him to start wreaking havoc, knowing Odin would disown Thor and he'd become king of Asgard.

Sub #1: Ares goes to Asgard
The first node is one of those retry ones that don't count with Ares, Apollo (variation of Hawkeye), and Hestia (variation of HT). Then the rest of the sub is fighting Asgardian variations of pre-existing goons, with the final node being against Thor and Loki before the cutscene.

Sub #2: Loki's Trickery
Ragnarok's cybernetics require repair and so he's in an isolated warehouse. Loki goes down (only essential for 1-2 nodes) and beats through HAMMER goons and DAs, with the final node being outside the warehouse on the other side of the city: Loki/Rags/whoever you pick against Juggs, Venom, and Ares, who sees Thor (disguised Rags) along with an Asgardian bodyguard (disguised Loki) and retreats to Olympus after the fight.

Sub #3/Main: Olympus Must Fall
Odin hears of Thor's disobedience and takes Mjolnir from him (at this point Thor is locked out for play), On the globe main found in Hulk/Unstable Iso-8, you must fight Ares, Hestia, Apollo, and the DAs who want Thor dead as well as Loki for stealing Ragnarok. With a day left Odin realizes he needs Thor in the war effort so he becomes playable again, with the last node being an epic boss battle against Zeus, an uber powerful Thor variant.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flash back to Secret Invasion. We fight Skrulls disguised as various heroes and villains - in other words, the whole roster is in play as potential opponents. No restrictions against using the same characters as the enemy; the enemy side is Skrull impostors and you're the real deal. New character: Mockingbird.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see a PVE where all nodes are worth a fixed amount, but you get bonus points for how fast you finish them. Or for hitting certain metrics/goals like using all 3 teamups is worth big points etc. Take some of the grind out of PVE and make it more strategic.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two words: Civil War.
  • Two words: Civil War.

It'd be cool if you chose a side and it locked out characters on the other side, and maybe gave special missions to unlock them again.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Two words: Civil War.

It'd be cool if you chose a side and it locked out characters on the other side, and maybe gave special missions to unlock them again.

my brain just exploded with the awesomeness. Yes. I want to see this. What about House of M -"no more mutants"
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    According to Marvel you have: http://marvel.com/universe/Civil_War

Anti-Registration
    • Black Panther
    • Captain America
    • Daredevil
    • Nick Fury
    • Human Torch
    • Invisible Woman
    • Punisher
    • Spider Man
    • Wolverine
    • Storm

Pro Registration
    • Captain Marvel
    • Beast
    • Deadpool
    • Falcon
    • Thor
    • Ares
    • Black Widow
    • She Hulk
    • Bullseye
    • Venom

Now in the words of Morpheus, some may see coincidence, I see providence, there is 10 to a side here. If you count the different covers for the same characters you probably tip the scales in terms of the first group. But you can’t have more than one covered character on a team anyway.
    Sitting it out we also have 10 character, Come on D3 what more do you need?

• Daken
    • Magneto
    • Sentry
    • Loki
    • Psylocke
    • Ragnarock
    • The Hood
    • The Hulk
    • Hawkeye
    • Juggernaught

Now Personally I don’t mind seeing this lot miss out, I am kind of sick of most of them anyway.
    The way I see it you could have two possible game modes.
    Each side races the other to a global points score which then adds a character to your side from either the sitting out list, or one of the other teams characters defects. Which could then snowball until one side has all the characters.

Or a season long event where every few days you have a featured character and the outcome determines which ‘alliance’ they are on.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    No More Mutants! ~
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is probably a quite a few character releases away from being plausible, but I've always loved the Maximum Carnage arc. So many awesome heroes and villains battling it out. It would of course require (Eddie Brock) Venom, Cloak & Dagger (who could be a single character), Black Cat, Nightwatch, Iron Fist, Deathlok, Morbius, & Firestar all being available to boost. Captain America & Spiderman would also get boosts.

They would also have to create Carnage's Family; Shriek, Doppelganger, Carrion, Demogoblin, and of course Carnage would have to exist as well. This would be the most fitting way I can think of to launch Carnage as a character. That way we get to see what he's like to fight against before ANY of us get a chance to use him ourselves.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reverse Simulator Event.

On each node, you'd be given a fixed team you'll control. The first node might be Hulk, Hood, Deadpool, all at level 190. Then you'd pick out a team they'd fight from your own roster. They all have to be unhurt.

In the 20 or so nodes, you basically need to trash your own roster with a variety of odd teams. Sure, you can pick mStorm, mHawkeye, She-Hulk to fight against, if you have them all in your roster and they're unhurt. Grind the nodes as much as you like, because eventually your roster will run out.

Your fixed team is at level 190? As the event progresses, the level of the teams you can play will drop, while your roster will stay the same. Do you have a great roster? Well, that's too bad, they're eventually gonna start murderizing you. Run out of roster to fight? You can let them heal on their own, or use healthpacks.

At some point, you might be required to pick characters above a certain level. Have you been pummeling a level 1 team over and over? New min level is 5. Later, the min level becomes 20, then 50.

This event would mostly favor transitioning players who are trying to build diverse rosters. I don't see any problem with that.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reverse Simulator Event.
    This event would mostly favor transitioning players who are trying to build diverse rosters. I don't see any problem with that.

The problem I see with this idea (as fun as it may be) is that D3 very rarely ever runs a PvE without running at least one PvP (if not more) simultaneously. When they do, it's typically a PvE is runs through a small 1-2 day gap in PvP events.