Award idea -- Change a power cost

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Currently, none of the awards have allowed players to have an effect on the game.

As a prize, the #1 player could be allowed to change the game. The winner can reset the AP cost of one power, for at least a week.

If the change is popular, it's permanent. Or at least as permanent as any other AP cost in the game. If it's unpopular, it reverts in a week.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sounds insanely complicated to code for something that will only appeal to the most hardcore and obsessive part of the player base.

"Sorry new players, Iron Man 35's repulsor blast now costs 30 AP because a power gamer and/or whale won PvP godhood and thought that would be hilarious! Better luck next week!"
  • I can see this sort of thing generating a lot of confusion, a lot of frustration, and a lot of anger. Let's assume (and humour me here) that AP costs are the way they are for a reason, dare I say, for game balance? People are annoyed/confused enough about character balance without someone coming in and messing with AP costs.
  • I would start a campaign to get the winners to increase world rupture to 30 for the week. Then again, the only reason they won is probably world rupture.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supernova as a 1AP cost sounds awesome. At least, I'm assuming it would be 1AP and not changed to a 0AP passive that just triggers whenever you feel like.
  • I understand you Nonce, there is a long list of powers that need adjustment and anything that would get some attention to them would be a good thing, but as the comments here have shown, this idea would lead more easily to trolling/abuses than actual game improvements.