Token changes. Too many characters. How to fix %.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
Right now there is a bunch of characters and the percentage of characters available with a simplere heroic token win/buy is rather complicated.
Bagman had to be eliminated. Sad because he is now semi useful to loan out as a team up. icon_lol.gif

Many of us want new characters introduced into the game. I am sure there is somebody out there who wants Silver Surfer or Professor X or (insert favorite character here {Minus five point if you want Howard the Duck}), but the ability to introduce new characters affects percentage drops on tokens. Not to mention this stuff needs play testing by the dev team.

Solution: icon_idea.gif
Make either of these changes to the BASIC heroic token drops.
A. Evil/Good monthly alternation. In one season there is a higher percentage chance for a good character and in another season there is a higher percentage chance for an evil character. Some of the less played 2 star characters like Bagman/Bullseye can be available during the appropiate season.

Advantages: This allows for a more even spread percentage, and a higher amount of characters to be introduced into the population.
Disadvantages. This might make tokens useless for a small percentage of the population who won't need something or want to stick to a particular alignment.
Caveat to this disadvantage. I think this segment play so much they would just save their tokens to use the next season to get a character they might desire.

B. Season of the ...... The Seasons have numbers right now. Instead you can have alternating repeating season themes. So instead of a once a month switch like above, it’s a switch once every 4 months. Season of the Dark Avengers. Season of the Avengers. Season of the X-Men. Season of the Genoshians. (I think that's what people from Genosha would be called.) Certain characters would only be available during these particular seasons. So maybe two to three particular characters might actually be available once every 4 months.

Advantages. Supply and demand might make certain people on the last day of availability drop some Heroic Coin to buy tokens, because they don't want to wait 3 seasons for them to come up again. (I hate myself already for suggesting this, because I am one of them.) icon_redface.gif

Disadvantages. Frustration for people who cannot get the cover they want and venting.
Caveat to this disadvantage. Throw them bones with 3 Day pvp events or PVE events that can still give a chance for these limited characters so the wait is not always that long.

The majority of the coding for this is already in place, so it can be easily implemented.
For current Token savers a note can be sent out to them ahead of time that the change will occur so they have a chance to cash in their tokens.
Good luck Dev team. I hope this helps.