Unfortunate Timing for a New Event Format

So we have the new Combined Arms format... pretty sure we haven't had it before.

However, I have no 1 stars on my roster. I'm F2P (ok to be fair I bought HP once to have enough to add another person to our small casual alliance) and have been slowly growing in my 3 star transition. I just started having a 3 star or two I can realistically use. Anyway, I have no 1 stars is the point.

But as it stands, I just can't play in this event. There are no events besides the prologue other than this event. There aren't any 1 star covers for me to earn there and there isn't the chance of a random cover there. So... I guess I just have to sit out everything until next season? Seems like that wasn't particularly well thought out. Give me a little loner or let me play with an empty slot or give me anything else to do so I can try and get a random one star just to participate.

I have to imagine there are a ton of people without 1 stars and are effectively locked out for the next few days.

Comments

• spend 500 iso on a recruit token and you should earn a random 1*
  • Ok, busted.... yeah, didn't think of that (it never occurs to me to spend ISO on standard tokens).

I still think its poor timing to have a major restricted event with nothing else going on... but not as bad as I thought.
  • agreed, just didn't want you to sit out needlessly.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Access to 1 stars characters is less of an issue than access to 400-600 HP needed to open a slot for the covers.