The entire event process

homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
Often there is not an event on, or there is one you are not interested in playing so you cant play the game, eg last night there was this 1* 2* 3* game, which I'm not overly interested in, no PVE so basically the game can't be played. It is an unusual business model to say the least. Wouldn't you want people being able to play whenever they want? Surely from a purely economical point of view you should have several events running at once. Or kill the events all together and come up with some different model, the current one is flawed and is costing you money. Ok so there is the shield event, which after a while becomes completely banal, like coming top ten for 10 heroic tokens after 2 weeks is worse than coming top 150 after 2 days for one cover that you are interested in.

Again all the 2* transition players that hit the 3 X 166 wall have to just stop playing at a certain point.

Run out of health packs, have to stop playing at a certain point. This one I understand, it's cheap but I get it.

Then at other times there are 3 events you are interested in but can compete in only one of them if you want to succeed.

I am a steam user, which is indelibly worse than mobile, I tend to play between 6 and 11 at night. But the game is set up for mobile use. As an Australian most events finish at 2PM, like the recent one with the chance to win Nick Fury finished at 2PM on a Monday afternoon, while at work. Even if I were a mobile user I can't take an hour off every two hours to get top in anything. Anyway there are whole posts on this so don't want to bang on about it.

I guess I'm just frustrated that a good game is let down by poor business acumen.

If I were running a flour mill I would want the damn mill running 24/ 7 not 1 hour out of every three, then have 2 - 4 days a week where its closed cause I'm not offering my staff enough wages to work it. C'mon guys it's a frustratingly bad business model.

Even if you extended the basic PVE with 200 more maps that rotate out, maybe not great prizes but at least the mill would be running.