THE NEEDED CHANGE: Defensive Team Set-Up

It's finally time the Devs let us select our defending team.
This nonsense of your last team across any battle being used is ridiculous!
While trying to grind down in Thick of Thieves, I was having my low level OBW and MN.Mags on defence in Tex Mex and people milked it.
It should be in the Event screen an option to select who is your default defending team for that event, boosts and TUs also and then whenever you want to change a team- cause you hopping shields and want a good defence or whatever, YOU go and select it from the option in event

Comments

• THIS!!!! nothing more to say!
    PLS devs ADD this funtion!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, just... no.

The idea of everyone above 600 running Patchneto to fight, and having Sentry/Hood sitting on defense is _not_ appealing. It's bad enough as it is right now.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. Having a defence team separate from your offense team is bad for the game. As everyone will put in the best defence team with no consideration of offence.
  • Being able to select your defense team is a good idea in general, but not in the current game where the only choice would be Sentry + Daken or Sentry + Hood for defense.
  • No dude.

This ruins the fundemental of having a high risk, high reward team, like C.Storm MN Mags. Taking this away will throw balance out of whack.

And why would you ever put MN Mags and OBW together unless you have no one else?
  • Gawd no. Do you really want every PVP battle to be against a maxed Hulk?
  • No dude.

This ruins the fundemental of having a high risk, high reward team, like C.Storm MN Mags. Taking this away will throw balance out of whack.

And why would you ever put MN Mags and OBW together unless you have no one else?

Yeah everyone else had been depleted from running the essential missions
  • I thought it was the last team you played in that event?
  • eris-wtga wrote:
    I thought it was the last team you played in that event?

It works cross story/pvp. So your last team for an event ends up being the defending team in pvp
  • Nick-Thor wrote:
    eris-wtga wrote:
    I thought it was the last team you played in that event?

It works cross story/pvp. So your last team for an event ends up being the defending team in pvp

No.

The last team you won in a pvp with is the defending team in that pvp. No other event affects that pvp.
  • Correct, nothing you do in PVE affects your PVP defensive team. Nor prologue or lightning rounds nor shield simulator. One defensive team per event.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I think the game would grind to a halt if everyone could control their defensive team. We could talk roster diversity until the cows came home, but the opponents would look wearily the same. I enjoy playing an opponent's duct-taped team against my duct-taped team in the waning hours of PvP.

Good idea for individual point maintenance. Bad idea for overall enjoyment.
  • I too feel that when you enter PvE... it makes it as your PvP defense team. I have seen some players @ 700 points with teams that didn't make sense to me as well (low level 2*'s and 3*'s)... but I gladly farmed them. ^^