Community Poll: Changes to PvP Schedule

Options
For those of us that have played before Seasons began I remember how PvP wasn't so often and I could sit back and relax. I was wondering if the community wanted to go back to the good 'ole days, stick with the current format, or maybe compromise something in between. If you have any extra suggestions please feel free to list it so that I can expand voting options/choices. Thanks for your help in advance.

Edit: See this is what I am talking about! Constructive talking points about how to improve this game for both the community and the developers as this is the only way the game can continue and grow. Hopefully this will catch their attention and help with well everything.

Edit 2: Well apparently if you add poll options it erases previous results so I cannot add suggestions. Boo! There are however many good thoughts, hint hint developers, so hopefully the game makers will also partake and read this thread.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Placeholder.
  • Id like to see more pvp type things that arent included in seasons. Like balance of power was.
  • Those answers are bit misleading. I dont think player burnout is a myth, but for me it is quite ok, as it is now. As the other answers suggest there would be weekends off, but weekends are that time when I have more time to play than usually.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I don't really mind the current schedule, and like that there is always a PVP available. Doing otherwise is going to be negative to some subset of players, depending on their schedules. If they are concerned with burn out, maybe keep it but with one of the three events not counting for season scores? Make the weekend one free from the season score and alliance rewards and use it for those more experimental tournaments - without those season and team cookies the level of play is going to depend on whether the tournaments are fun and if the individual rewards are worth going for. It might produce less revenue for that time, but if it reduces burn out it should pay off in the longer term.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    I don't really mind the current schedule, and like that there is always a PVP available. Doing otherwise is going to be negative to some subset of players, depending on their schedules. If they are concerned with burn out, maybe keep it but with one of the three events not counting for season scores? Make the weekend one free from the season score and alliance rewards and use it for those more experimental tournaments - without those season and team cookies the level of play is going to depend on whether the tournaments are fun and if the individual rewards are worth going for. It might produce less revenue for that time, but if it reduces burn out it should pay off in the longer term.
    And they might stumble over a format that really appeals and brings in even more money.
  • I voted for weekend lightning rounds because sometimes I'd like to take a break from the season score pvps but I also enjoyed balance of power and hope for a variety of non-season score events. I'd have voted for both if that were possible. Great idea for a poll! I hope the feedback gets noticed icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'd rather PVP focus more on the weekends, not less. The weekend one is the only one I can really give my full attention to, especially since they eliminated healing. I"d be thrilled if they moved LRs to weekends, though, just on top of the PVP, not instead of it.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm fine with the current schedule, but I'd like to see less emphasis on season play and more variety on the tournament structure. So I guess I would have voted for more than 1 option.

Maybe with keeping 3 events per week but making 1 a "fun" event like "No Man's Land" or "Lone Star" that don't count for season ranking
  • We need more variety. PvP is the same every time. PvE rules change for each one so it is impossible to know the rubberbanding strength/weakness. This Hulk event is ridiculous. While I have been at work people with the summer off are hitting the nodes every 2.5 hours. There are people who have over 3 times what I have (18k points) and I play every chance I can when not working or sleeping.