Different "essential" characters in PVE vs PVP

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
Hood recently was essential, while hood PVP event ran.
Deadpool PVP starting now, he is essential on the current PVE.

How about different characters to promote "roster diversity"? Not to mention, allowing players to play a bit longer - using the same character for every event means that character is dead pretty soon, and can't use it in the other event.

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking, the "Essential" Nodes are signified for the character given away most recently (i.e. Deadpool right before Thick as Thieves).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I agree one reason they are running the Deadpool PVP is so people can earn more Deadpool to be able to play PVE. Not everyone won a Deadpool cover so by running it again they make it easier to compete in the PVE.
    They have buffed BWGS who has not been buffed in a while. Unfortunatly she is not great in PVE because she takes so long to build up green AP. She also has low health and is now tanking all colors becuase of the buff. I would like to see Hulk Buffed with the HT. Hulk takes a beating fueling HT green, which in turn kills the other team. You could also buff 2* Daken with that team as well for strike tiles!!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    As much as I agree one reason they are running the Deadpool PVP is so people can earn more Deadpool to be able to play PVE. Not everyone won a Deadpool cover so by running it again they make it easier to compete in the PVE.
    They have buffed BWGS who has not been buffed in a while. Unfortunatly she is not great in PVE because she takes so long to build up green AP. She also has low health and is now tanking all colors becuase of the buff. I would like to see Hulk Buffed with the HT. Hulk takes a beating fueling HT green, which in turn kills the other team. You could also buff 2* Daken with that team as well for strike tiles!!

I'm not implying that Deadpool earned the Essential Node for being a new character, I am saying that he earned the node for being recently given away as a prize. The Hood had the Essential Node in the previous event because he was given away in the event prior to that.

Now the argument that these nodes are a bit "unfair" or impractical, well that's arguable. The reason they exist is to fuel the competitive scene (which makes them money).