Boosts should be triggered like Team-Ups

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Boosts and Team-Ups should be treated as back-pocket items that get used when necessary.

For a Boost, these would need 0 TUAP to trigger. If they aren't triggered, then they're not used up. That would make Boosts more strategic than they are now.

If a person goes into a battle without selecting anything, then a random assortment of Boosts and Team-Up powers would be selected. If the player ignores them, then they aren't used.

Unused Boosts and Powers would be carried over as selections if not used.

When a team is defeated, their available powers AND their team-up powers should winnable. If an enemy Bullseye can use World Rupture against me, then I should have equal chances to win World Rupture or Murderous Aim.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this idea a lot. I tend to use boosts as "bad board insurance", but a lot of times, once you see the board, you realize you didn't need them.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a person goes into a battle without selecting anything, then a random assortment of Boosts and Team-Up powers would be selected. If the player ignores them, then they aren't used.

Only if it's randomly chosen from Team-Ups/Boosts you already own, not completely random, otherwise, you'd be getting free Team-Ups/Boosts.

When a team is defeated, their available powers AND their team-up powers should winnable. If an enemy Bullseye can use World Rupture against me, then I should have equal chances to win World Rupture or Murderous Aim.

No. The biggest complaint about Team-Ups (in concern to balance) is players are given access (on defense) to far too many abilities that are simply out of their power thresh hold, and this would magnify this problem tenfold, because now we'd see this on offense too, and suddenly my 2* team can be ballsy enough to take on 3* teams in PvP because I have a ton of WR and CotS Team-Ups.

Do I think that there should be a thresh hold for what random Team-Ups an AI team has? Absolutely. This idea, however, is a no-go.
  • When a team is defeated, their available powers AND their team-up powers should winnable. If an enemy Bullseye can use World Rupture against me, then I should have equal chances to win World Rupture or Murderous Aim.

I like this one, give us more of a chance to win the rarer teamups that the AI can use all day but a player will never see unless they find a loki to murder in a back alley for his trickery