New player leveling help

Options
eidehua
eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I think I'm getting a hang of the game now, but am I going in the right direction for my 1*s? I don't think I have good 2 stars yet (besides thor on deck) though.
I also won Punisher (from rubber banding, apparently. I started playing when there was around 1 day left in the hunt lol). Only one cover for it though.

Roster 8/8:
modern storm lvl 18 4/4/3
modern black widow lvl 16 3/5
Iron man M35 lvl 14 2/3/0
Punisher dark reign lvl 15 0/0/1
modern captain america lvl 8 1/1/0
Daken lvl 6 0/1
Hawkeye Modern lvl 6 1/0/0
yelena lvl 1 (must have accidentally recruited her lol)

On deck:
Hawkeye classic red
Thor marvel now green
Bagman spiderman blue
Venom purple
Moonstone purple
juggernaut green

I do love using modern storm+black widow, because of how crazy they can snowball, especially against bosses. Clearing out environmental tiles w/ storm usually leads to more matches which means a lot of generated AP. Also since my black widow has maxed stun, it's really nice and I can get to points where I keep bosses perma stunned.
Iromman just feels like a side addition, just there to do dmg (although I do use storm's red instead of ironman's, depending on the situation. ).

So who should I keep upgrading? And what level 2's should I look at?

Also in general what are the good macro strategies for this game? Board clearing/utility is what's working for me now it seems, without having to be so careful with microing the pieces (idk, visualizing what a certain match would do multiple steps ahead?)

Comments

• It looks like right now you need to continue doing all the PVE story missions, and like you say for that Modern Storm is going to be a huge help in dealing with enemy countdown tiles. At some point in the story chapters you will receive some classic 2* Storm covers and some more Thor covers. Thor will replace Iron Man in your team and you should work on leveling both of these up. Once you finish the story missions to do PVP a good first team is Thor/Classic Storm/Modern Black Widow. If you need to make room for some of these extra characters, then lose Yelena first, then Hawkeye if you are really struggling for space. Only spend HP on slots for now, work on getting some tokens from events as you play.
  • IM35, storm and widow is an excellent PVE team in my opinion. IM can both soak and deal the pain, BW for the uber stun, and storm is a good AP battery/countdown destroyer.
    I think only IM35 is worth capping though. The other two are useful mostly for their abilities and should almost never attack, so I found it convenient to have them quite a few levels below IM35.
    I have them a 50/25/25 and I'm not putting any more iso into them, transitioning now into thor/wolvie/c.storm.
  • eidehua
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys! From what I've gathered, classic storm got nerfed? What changed?
  • Her Yellow ability used to generate 5 red and deal around 1650 damage to all targets at max level when a teammate was hit for 20%, now it hits for a few hundred only unless your whole team is below half health. She is still a very good 2* character though, her Blue and Green abilities are excellent.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys! From what I've gathered, classic storm got nerfed? What changed?

Her yellow pasive did always the damage it does now if everybody is below 50% and on top of it generated 4-6 red AP directly into your pool everytime it triggered. It was very powerful and could win a fight alone if you used really low hp characters together with her.

Now I think it's still a good skill but really only a nice addition to her kit
  • eidehua
    Options
    Thanks. That does seem quite overpowered.