Poll: Team Up usage

Options
Ludaa
Ludaa Posts: 542
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Just what the title says. Three votes, use one for each section (your usage, enemy usage, win/lose).
This sounded like a good poll in my head, hopefully it's worded well enough.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Most of mine are stupid expensive so the enemy is usually dead before I get anywhere close to having enough AP to use one. Most of the time I don't even bother equipping them.

But I've been hit with so many World Ruptures and Supernovas icon_evil.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been prologue dumping any TU that cost more than 12. it is just too much of a pain to get them off. I actually like Rags and Juggs for team ups. super cheep and do some good damage or board shake up. I look at it this way if it is cheep and i end up getting enough team ups great. I got to use a team up great. If I don't even better then i don have to prologue dump something. i got rid of a bunch of CoTS because as powerful as it is it is just too expensive.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I'm right there with you guys, my inventory is all high cost TU's. Right now, I would rather just forget about them than spend time in the prologue to dump them. Even then, I'd have to make sure I had a full stock of good ones before every lightning round or start of a PvE.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where's the option for "don't even bring them into battle"? I've used one once and it was a 5-cover AR against an LT/other slow char/Patch. I only ended up with enough AP cause there was a 5-match and a 4-match at various times. Otherwise I basically just ignore TU AP and smash face with my normal abilities.

If they interacted "normally" with strike tiles I might be more inclined to match them after a couple green matches with Daken, but as is it's usually better to match a color I can't even use than match some team-up tiles.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I rarely activate them (only bringing them into particularly tough battles), the enemy rarely activates them (because the enemy's usually dead or stunned before getting anything off if it's focusing on team-up tiles, and TU-tile damage is ****), but overall wins are a lot easier with them (because when battles are tough enough that I bother bringing one, I pack Storm for Mistress of the Elements and bring a game-ending PvE-overleveled one).
  • I rarely use them only because my inventory is crowded with tinykitty. The ones I do use most are low AP cost (excluding prologue dumping, what a chore) like juggs, udaken blue, rags, < 3 cover aggressive recon, etc... The whole inventory management thing has completely impeded me investigating real tactics beyond "Oh, I have enough TU AP to do something. UNSTOPPABLE CRASH!". It's a shame there wasn't more control over inventory but I consider the current implementation a taster to what will be the main course.

In terms of getting hit, I find that there is usually at least one fired by the opposition. I allow for it in my battle selection now. It can make teams in my 2* land more lethal plus the addition of the 500 odd damage for the TU tile matches definitely shorten time before health pack required. It means I can't try to do everything in one sitting. 500 points cost me all 5 health packs and 3 teams in the Lord of thunder, although I caught a run of bad luck with tile cascades destroying my cStorm/MNMags team on the 2nd fight and they normally carry me near the 300 point mark.

Win / Lose is about the same, with a few extra defensive wins here and there and the occasional extra loss. It does suck when you get smashed with world rupture or demolition fighting <94 level teams.

3 posts left until I can pm again. Time to go hit the S4 10-pack thread.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My TU's occasionally help me. The AI's TU's often hurt me. I now lose matches which should have been easy wins because of AI TU's, and am now almost certain to have my team useless for another match for a long period of time. I really like the TU concept in theory, but so far it is subtracting from fun instead of adding to it in practice.
  • There are a few cheap powers that are fun to take into a fight and can be fired off easily for decent gain. Chemical reaction in a patch fight for one. Onslaught with a no-green-user team to put that ap to use etc.

But then sometimes bagman steals all your ap and supernova's you, so far the pain has been greater than the gain.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use them somewhat often. Without a way to delete TUs,I keep my inventory full so that I don't load up on junk. I try not to use a TU unless the newly gained TU would be a trade up.

I bring a Wind Storm into every battle, just in case things go south. It's saved me a few times, actually.

1* Storm helped me use Control Shift to send a Rocket back at some goons. So, both Mistress of the Elements and Control Shift can be useful. So no complaints there.

Other than the half-baked implementation complaints, I don't get why there is such a fuss over TUs. I find them fun and only pay attention to them every few battles.