Some Friendly Suggestions

Options
psweiss
psweiss Posts: 8
First, I want to thank D3 for a fantastic game. As someone who prefers to play for free, you've made a really great game environment that still makes it possible to play and earn rewards even if I'm not investing a fortune to stay competitive. I would like to offer some suggestions for future iterations of the game, just in case you're considering this kind of feedback.

1. I think it would be really awesome to have a Comic Shop where a user could spend Hero Points (or Iso-8 for 1-stars maybe) to buy a specific cover. This could be something that's made available by the game with a fixed price per cover (e.g. 250 Hero Points for a 2-star, 500 Hero Points for 3-star and 1000 Hero Points for a 4-star) to give newer players a competitive edge. Alternatively, maybe players could offer unwanted covers in exchange for Hero Points or Iso-8 rather than having to sell them off. There's nothing more disheartening than pulling a 3-star cover and not being able to use it because that power is already maxxed. It's nice to get 500 Iso-8 instead, but I'd rather be able to offer it in sale or trade with another player for a cover I really need. If you do go with the latter, I would suggest only allowing trades of equal stars (so people don't get ripped off or mine fake accounts to grab up powerful cards on the cheap).

2. It would be really cool to either (a) be able to choose a defensive pairing for PvP or (b) take a look at the defensive selection the AI chooses from my heroes for PvP. I'm sure most of us have given some thought to which covers work well together in conjunction with the forced third hero in PvP events, but we don't have the same option of choosing that same matchup when we're attacked. I would like to be able to set the pairing in addition to having the option to just let the AI choose. This way I have some control on how my opponent gets to face me.

3. Following on that, I think it would be really cool to be able to spar with alliance members. My suggestion is to let members of an alliance face off against each other to work on strategies for card synergy in a safe environment. The story chapters give some opportunity to work with a set attack trio, but this would be more like the PvP Simulator event with no cost in terms of points and no rewards in terms of Iso-8 or covers. I'd suggest that damage incurred gets to persist after the fight and if the attacking player loses then (s)he would have to wait the appropriate time to recover or spend health packs to rejoin the fight. In other games I've played with PvP fighting, members of the same alliance could spar in a similar way and it was invaluable in developing strategy.

4. Finally, I really like the new team-up dynamic but have some suggestions and feedback regarding the system. First, it would be nice to be able to just delete team-ups that are unwanted or unnecessary. Or, barring that, it would be nice to choose to accept or decline the reward team-up when it's offered and maybe offer the chance to replace one already owned if the slots are full (similar to how covers work when a 3-power cover wants to add a 14th power).

Second, it would be nice to know what team-ups the AI has access to, since the AI gets to know which ones I've chosen. Following on that, I'd like to know why the AI gets to use team-ups that would be illegal for me to choose. For example, when the AI and I both have a Thor in our trio and I knock his out, he still seems to be able to use a Thor team-up power even though he set a Thor in the matchup while I was barred from choosing a Thor team-up in my selection screen.

Finally, it would be really nice if the team-up screen didn't reset itself to zero after every match, unless you could also do that for boosts as well. I would rather be able to choose which boosts to use rather than clearing them out manually (and usually forgetting to do so until it's too late). I'd rather be able to leave the team-ups as they're set in case I don't have a chance to use them in a battle. Either make them both persist or make them both reset to null after the battle is over. I'd ask both persist, but I'm fine either way.

5. I love the alliance dynamic but there should be some way for the alliance creator to demote commanders as well as promote them. If a commander stops playing there's no way to drop the dead weight and alliance slots are too expensive to open up when the dead weight starts to accumulate. It's great that D3 techs will demote someone for an alliance creator, but that should be something he or she can do on their own to avoid this problem.

Truly, I love this game and really enjoy playing it (probably way too much). Thanks for a really great game!!!

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    psweiss wrote:
    1. I think it would be really awesome to have a Comic Shop where a user could spend Hero Points (or Iso-8 for 1-stars maybe) to buy a specific cover. This could be something that's made available by the game with a fixed price per cover (e.g. 250 Hero Points for a 2-star, 500 Hero Points for 3-star and 1000 Hero Points for a 4-star) to give newer players a competitive edge. Alternatively, maybe players could offer unwanted covers in exchange for Hero Points or Iso-8 rather than having to sell them off. There's nothing more disheartening than pulling a 3-star cover and not being able to use it because that power is already maxxed. It's nice to get 500 Iso-8 instead, but I'd rather be able to offer it in sale or trade with another player for a cover I really need. If you do go with the latter, I would suggest only allowing trades of equal stars (so people don't get ripped off or mine fake accounts to grab up powerful cards on the cheap).
    Not going to happen. The topic has been brought up before when they removed the guaranteed 3* from the 10pack of tokens and their position was that players prefer the gamble of not knowing what they're going to get when they buy a token.
    psweiss wrote:
    2. It would be really cool to either (a) be able to choose a defensive pairing for PvP or (b) take a look at the defensive selection the AI chooses from my heroes for PvP. I'm sure most of us have given some thought to which covers work well together in conjunction with the forced third hero in PvP events, but we don't have the same option of choosing that same matchup when we're attacked. I would like to be able to set the pairing in addition to having the option to just let the AI choose. This way I have some control on how my opponent gets to face me.
    Your defensive pairing is different depending on how a player finds you. If it is a retaliation, the player sees the team that you hit them with. If they are matched with you normally, they see the team that you last used when you were put in their nodes.
    psweiss wrote:
    3. Following on that, I think it would be really cool to be able to spar with alliance members. My suggestion is to let members of an alliance face off against each other to work on strategies for card synergy in a safe environment. The story chapters give some opportunity to work with a set attack trio, but this would be more like the PvP Simulator event with no cost in terms of points and no rewards in terms of Iso-8 or covers. I'd suggest that damage incurred gets to persist after the fight and if the attacking player loses then (s)he would have to wait the appropriate time to recover or spend health packs to rejoin the fight. In other games I've played with PvP fighting, members of the same alliance could spar in a similar way and it was invaluable in developing strategy.
    This has been asked for too and it's a cool idea. If they could monetize it they would likely do it, but otherwise don't hold your breath.
    psweiss wrote:
    4. Finally, I really like the new team-up dynamic but have some suggestions and feedback regarding the system. First, it would be nice to be able to just delete team-ups that are unwanted or unnecessary. Or, barring that, it would be nice to choose to accept or decline the reward team-up when it's offered and maybe offer the chance to replace one already owned if the slots are full (similar to how covers work when a 3-power cover wants to add a 14th power).
    Deleting teamups is coming in r59 or r60. Presumably there will be other tweaks too and bug fixes.
    psweiss wrote:
    Second, it would be nice to know what team-ups the AI has access to, since the AI gets to know which ones I've chosen. Following on that, I'd like to know why the AI gets to use team-ups that would be illegal for me to choose. For example, when the AI and I both have a Thor in our trio and I knock his out, he still seems to be able to use a Thor team-up power even though he set a Thor in the matchup while I was barred from choosing a Thor team-up in my selection screen.
    The AI has access to all TUs and gets 3 at random. You can see the ones that they have once you're in the match by tapping on one of their characters and bringing up the details for that character. Scroll all the way to their last character and then past it to see their TUs.
    psweiss wrote:
    Finally, it would be really nice if the team-up screen didn't reset itself to zero after every match, unless you could also do that for boosts as well. I would rather be able to choose which boosts to use rather than clearing them out manually (and usually forgetting to do so until it's too late). I'd rather be able to leave the team-ups as they're set in case I don't have a chance to use them in a battle. Either make them both persist or make them both reset to null after the battle is over. I'd ask both persist, but I'm fine either way.
    It's been suggested a bunch and will hopefully be added with the rest of the TU tweaks. Personally I think they should persist.
    psweiss wrote:
    5. I love the alliance dynamic but there should be some way for the alliance creator to demote commanders as well as promote them. If a commander stops playing there's no way to drop the dead weight and alliance slots are too expensive to open up when the dead weight starts to accumulate. It's great that D3 techs will demote someone for an alliance creator, but that should be something he or she can do on their own to avoid this problem.
    Also asked for a bunch of times and I think it's something they've said they're looking in to doing. Hopefully.
  • psweiss
    psweiss Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you're right on most (if not all) points. I guess I'm hopeful that if enough people ask for something there's a chance we might get it.
  • The thing I would like to see would be :
    Being able to scroll the ranking in events. I would like to see where 100th place is or whichever place that I am aiming for.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ka_liki wrote:
    The thing I would like to see would be :
    Being able to scroll the ranking in events. I would like to see where 100th place is or whichever place that I am aiming for.
    Agreed. I've been asking for this for months. It would be incredibly helpful.
  • +1

I was trying to see what kind of points difference defined me and the next rank up, but I could only see the people around me or the people at the top of the leaderboards. It wasn't very informative.